Missing Lightsaber sounds?

BenKatarn

Maybe it's just me, but recently, I've noted a lot of instances of characters and NPCs during cutscenes who draw their lightsabers, but they make no sound whatsoever. The final boss of the Black Talon flashpoint, Yadira Ban, is one example, as is Revan during the Foundry flashpoint. Their lightsabers turn on, but there is no activation sound, and in some cases, no other sounds coming out of them, like the usual humming sound when they are swung etc.

Also happened on several random instances when my own character drew his/her lightsaber in a cutscene, and there simply was no sound coming from it.

The lightsaber sounds have been bugged for a long time. A simple fix would be to add a volume slider for Lightsaber FX so that we can all set what we want to hear. It's the one thing that would keep me subscribed for more than 2 months out of the year.

Same here. Not just lightsabers in cutscenes, but fleet elevators, orbital station airlocks, ship engines in takeoff cutscenes -- all these have been missing sound effects since one of the late 1.x or early 2.x series patches. I also haven't been able to hear any sound or music in Galactic Starfighter under Windows XP, a bug which is extremely frustrating.