The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Old Republic Books

CaldaRaric

Yes, there are 4 books, one is all about Darth Malgus. (Correct me on that number if wrong)

There are comics that focus on several points and I saw one about Shan and you see Darth Baras without him being fat nor having armor. I have not had time to do the other ones, so if anyone could elaborate on the others that would be great! :)

Those that you mentioned have to do with the Force. I am looking for something that doesn't have Force-users as main characters.

Annihilation is the only book that fits your description. The primary character of Annihilation is Republic SIS Agent Theron Shan and he is not Force Sensitive. Half of the main characters are Non-Force Sensitive and the book in general is more focused on military and spycraft theme both in battle and general. The Force is more in the backseat for that one I'd say.

Theron Shan is first introduced in The Lost Suns comics and he is supposed to be the main character in that as well (never read that comic but looking at Wooki). Like I said, reading Lost Suns is not necessary for Annihilation, I never felt lost or needed to refer to Wooki while reading.

Does anyone know of any books set in the Old Republic Era that are not focused on Jedi, or the force? Something that focuses more on a trooper. Or even comics.

Well technically all 4 novels focus on the real war between the Sith and the Jedi. The war between the Armies of the Republic and the Empire are just background noise. These are the current titles available:

- Revan

- Deceived

- Fatal Alliance(my personal favorite so far)

- Annihilation

Edited by DarknessInLight

Annihilation is the only book that fits your description. The primary character of Annihilation is Republic SIS Agent Theron Shan and he is not Force Sensitive. Half of the main characters are Non-Force Sensitive and the book in general is more focused on military and spycraft theme both in battle and general. The Force is more in the backseat for that one I'd say.

Theron Shan is first introduced in The Lost Suns comics and he is supposed to be the main character in that as well (never read that comic but looking at Wooki). Like I said, reading Lost Suns is not necessary for Annihilation, I never felt lost or needed to refer to Wooki while reading.

Wait until they find out who Theron's Dad really is! I had no idea that Jace Malcom fathered a child with a Jedi Knight....