Weapons Question

Dubious-Squirrel

Hi All,

I currently have a Marauder in its early 20's, I'm completely new to the game so I'm still learning... Weapons: This is really frustrating me at the moment, I keep picking up sabers that require +1 to light-side, but being Sith I've been choosing dark side options. Its gotten so bad that, despite hating the looks of them, I'm currently with dual vibroswords from a weapons vendor because they're much better on stats than the sabers I have.

So, the question: Where can I find force alignment neutral, or darkside weapons? Or is it just a case of upgrading the hilt from weapons vendors I see? I'm still a bit hazy on the whole thing...

TY

Hi and welcome in game,

we have 5 different tiers of items in game,

White which basicaly don't need your attention at all, then Green which are good till they are 5 lvls below yours tops , Blue which can go up to 10 lvls below yours current, Orange and Purple.

Last 2 tiers are moddable and 90% of the time weapon with aligment will be Orange quality, which means if you Ctrl+rightclick it a window pops up that lets u take out the mods.

Now if I'm not mistaken, the Aligment req is tied to the color crystal so if u have a Orange shell for lightsaber, u can put all the other mods in there.

That being said Aligment weapons are not that common, most of them are sold by Planetary comm Equipment vendors and those always have Both Dark/Light versions. Some of the weps come from drops and then u need to do the mod swap thing, or just try to replace the color crystal that should do the trick too.

I've recently leveled 4 chars from starter planet to 30ish level and haven't come across any other Aligment req wep than those from vendors, so I guess u must have been really lucky (unlucky) or you just haven't scrolled all the way down.

U should get moddable versions of your weapons when u get your first saber on Korriban and then when you choose your advanced class you should get moddable off-hand saber too, so swaping mods shouldn't be a problem. + Getting Orange armor you like the looks of and then just swaping mods is the best way to keep your gear up to date.

Mods can be either crafted by Cybertech/Artifice, bought from GTN (usually at high cost though) or bought for Planetary comms at the Modification vendor, he usualy stands right next to equipment vendor. U can fully upgrade a piece of gear there for 11 planet comms. Make sure u go for Might Hilt/Armoring there and then Deft Mods and power enhancements.

If u have any further questions feel free to ask here/ pm me on forum.