The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

First Female Rebels Character!

Beniboybling

Mandalorians have always been artistic–in war and in music–but Sabine just shows it in a different way. And there's never been anything that says "Mandalorians can't have pink armor." Ever. I don't get the idea that "pink is bad because it means they're catering to kiddies by making her adorable!" She blows things up, remember? :rolleyes:

^ This guys gets it :D

Seriously. Fi was sappy and silly, Ordo was awkward, Mirta can be girly, Beviin is literally gay (the first actually)... I could go on. Heck Vau was a freakin artist and loved his pet but we don't make fun of that.

If she completely ignores mando'a customs and never uses Mando words, then I might get a tad upset.

Remember, Disney owns Star Wars now. Hence the pink adorable Mandolorian for kiddies. Hopefully Sith won't be butchered next.

What the hell did you people expect? It's now aimed at 8 to 12 yearolds, didn't the animation style and quality give it away?

Mandalorians have always been artistic–in war and in music–but Sabine just shows it in a different way. And there's never been anything that says "Mandalorians can't have pink armor." Ever. I don't get the idea that "pink is bad because it means they're catering to kiddies by making her adorable!" She blows things up, remember? :rolleyes:

Just like Power Rangers.

^ This guys gets it :D

Seriously. Fi was sappy and silly, Ordo was awkward, Mirta can be girly, Beviin is literally gay (the first actually)... I could go on. Heck Vau was a freakin artist and loved his pet but we don't make fun of that.

If she completely ignores mando'a customs and never uses Mando words, then I might get a tad upset.

Exactly; Mandalorians come from all walks of life. As to using Mando'a, I'm not sure if she will or not but Weisman has a history of using non-English languages with his characters.

Just like Power Rangers.

Yeah. Suuure. Just like that. :rolleyes:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_armor

The thing most often associated with the Mandalorians was their armor. In Mando'a, it was known as beskar'gam, or "iron skin", a show of just how central it was to a Mandalorian's life. Armor was greatly valued, especially if made from the near indestructible metal beskar, and was often passed down through generations.[3] Aside from it's defensive capabilities, armor served another function: in a group formed from so many different species, often times it was only the armor that displayed an outward sign of the culture that bound these individuals together.[35] The paint scheme of a Mandalorian's armor occasionally represented a soldier's state of mind, or their personal mission. For instance, sand-gold represented a quest for vengeance, while black indicated a desire for justice. This was not always the case, however, and Mandalorians would sometimes decorate their armor in colors they simply held a preference for; blue and green were common choices. Whereas many soldiers preferred the inconspicuousness afforded by camouflage, Mandalorians believed in the saying, "It's one thing to see us coming, it's another to do something about it."[3]

Edited by Sadishist

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_armor

The thing most often associated with the Mandalorians was their armor. In Mando'a, it was known as beskar'gam, or "iron skin", a show of just how central it was to a Mandalorian's life. Armor was greatly valued, especially if made from the near indestructible metal beskar, and was often passed down through generations.[3] Aside from it's defensive capabilities, armor served another function: in a group formed from so many different species, often times it was only the armor that displayed an outward sign of the culture that bound these individuals together.[35]

PINK IS NOT ALLOWED!

RAAAARGGH!

The paint scheme of a Mandalorian's armor occasionally represented a soldier's state of mind, or their personal mission. For instance, sand-gold represented a quest for vengeance, while black indicated a desire for justice. This was not always the case, however, and Mandalorians would sometimes decorate their armor in colors they simply held a preference for; blue and green were common choices. Whereas many soldiers preferred the inconspicuousness afforded by camouflage, Mandalorians believed in the saying, "It's one thing to see us coming, it's another to do something about it."[3]

You got a point there pal.

I believe that people are just angry that the insane coolness factor of Boba Fett is now cripplked by this female Mandalorian.

Okay, I had rather preferred ANY OTHER colout than pink (why not a light blue, for example ?), but the point is in my opinion that boya and men just can't stomach that Boba Fett, the mega-ultra-cool Epitome Of Coolness, just loses some of his "flavour".

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

She must be the most girly mandalorian ever. I think the original Mandalore would just look at her pink outfit and shove her aside.

The only reason they made her pink is because she is going to be aired on Disney channel and they want her to appeal to all the little girls. If this were TWC she would have been shone wearing lots of armor that wasn't pink with perhaps a pink heart with a bullet hole in it on her arm.

(Facepalm)

I believe that people are just angry that the insane coolness factor of Boba Fett is now cripplked by this female Mandalorian.

Okay, I had rather poreferred ANY OTHER colout than pink (why not a light blue, for example ?), but the point is in my opinion that boya and men just can't stomach that Boba Fett, the mega-ultra-cool Epitome Of Coolness, just loses some of his "flavour".

Well its not like they can't have Boba show up every now and again to school her... I don't fear for Boba regardless. Lets put it this way, Hippie Mandos did more damage than this girl could EVER do.

She must be the most girly mandalorian ever. I think the original Mandalore would just look at her pink outfit and shove her aside.

I think that most Fans of everything Mandalorian want to have them as darek, gritty, manly wariors who do not show either empathy or any kind of emotions - in fact, I almost tend to believe that Boba Fett is almost an projection of everything machismo.

I think that most Fans of everything Mandalorian want to have them as darek, gritty, manly wariors who do not show either empathy or any kind of emotions - in fact, I almost tend to believe that Boba Fett is almost an projection of everything machismo.

Good sir please read the Republic Commando books and the Legacy series then return before making assumptions.

Now the casual fans who saw the movie and like Boba might, but any mando fan who has reach their EU material would disagree.

I was considering the OT ONLY. No EU.

And in the OT, there just is no "mandalorian culture". There is mertely 1 Mandalorian : And that is Boba Fett.

And there, he DOES look dark & gritty !

And yes, I have read the first Republic Commando book. I didn't find it great. In found it even rather boring. I had expected an complicated secret mission with many twists and turns, but not this.

And because of that I abandoned the whole series.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I for one am pleased by this development when people started this whole rebel introduction threads it was just one boring sausage fest after another if i wanted to watch a series op gary sue men and their homosexual comradery i would have read most of the EU instead Edited by AuraJurai

I for one am pleased by this development when people started this whole rebel introduction threads it was just one boring sausage fest after another if i wanted to watch a series op gary sue men and their homosexual comradery i would have read most of the EU instead
Woah there pal.

I for one am pleased by this development when people started this whole rebel introduction threads it was just one boring sausage fest after another if i wanted to watch a series op gary sue men and their homosexual comradery i would have read most of the EU instead

Jeez...