Arkanian Relic of Fortunate Redoubt (Augmented) or something else?

nightsproull

I have the above-mentioned tanking relic, but I haven't equipped it yet. I was wondering if, in your opinion, the tanking relics from makeb vendor compare to it, or if this one is much better. If I sell it, I might be able to afford the 31 hilt plus some mods for it.

I also have an Augmented Underworld relic of Shield Amplification equipped already, so I'm looking for a good 2nd relic to put in.

I bought it on the GTN because I saw it for a good price (845k)

I sold it on the GTN for 1.3 mil credits.

I bought an augmented underworld relic of fortunate redoubt that was up for sale for 1.69 mil.

Pretty happy, so now I'm using augmented underworld relics of fortunate redoubt and shield amplification.

That's a good combo right?

reactive warding is better than the shield amp, as it absorbs more on average ( we are comparing 1360 damage mitigated to about the mitigation of 8 percent extra shield and to proc it you need to shield something, whereas the reactive warding triggers on damage so the warding has better uptime) and the reactive warding is counted like a sage bubble, which is after mitigation is factored in and defense, shield, and absorb rolls, so by that time the bubble runs out it would have mitigated far more than a simple extra 8 percent shield, therefore the reactive warding is TECHNICALLY superior.

The only place where mitigation relics are superior to reactive warding is in bosses where the boss hits so hard that the 8 percent actually means something (I believe HM nefra for the giantass cleave).