Is SWTOR the pariah of MMOs?

Lium

And I personally look forward to that day. Until then ...

1.1 (1/18/2012)

- Operation: Karraga's Palace expansion

- New FP: Kaon Under Siege

- Event: Rise of the Rakghouls

1.2 (4/12/2012)

- New QoL: Legacy system

- New QoL: Customizable UIs

- New Operation: Explosive Conflict

- New Mission Area: Black Hole

1.3 (6/26/2012)

- New QoL: Groupfinder

- New QoL: Augment slots

- QoL: Ranked War Zones added

- QoL: All GTN terminals connected

1.4 (9/26/2012)

- New Operation: Terror From Beyond

- QoL: Dread Guard gear added

- QoL: Match color to chest added

- QoL: BoP and BoL items tradeable between grouped players

1.5 (11/15/2012)

- New Mission Area: Section X

- Event: HK-51 companion quest chain

- Operation: EC NiM added

- New World Boss: Dreadtooth

- QoL: Additional Cargo Hold & quickslot bars added

1.6 (12/11/2012)

- New WZ: Ancient Hypergate

- Space: Heroic missions added

- Space: Grade 7 artifact Starship Upgrades

- New Event: Life Day Celebration

1.7 (2/12/2013)

- New Event: Relics of the Gree

- New Operation: Gray Secant

- QoL: Galactic Reputation

2.0 (4/9/2013)

- New Planet: Makeb

- New Operation: Scum & Villany

- New HM FPs: Athiss, Cademimu, Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders

2.2 (6/12/2013)

- Operation: TFB NiM

2.3 (8/6/2013)

- 55 FPs: Czerka Corporate Labs, Czerka Core Meltdown

- Event: Bounty Contract Week

2.4 (10/1/2013)

- Operations: Dread Fortress, Dread Palace

- Mission Areas: Oricon, CZ-198

2.5 (12/04/2013)

- Galactic Starfighter

2.6 (02/04/2014)

- Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards Tactical Flashpoint

- GSF: Team Deathmatch Gameplay Mode

- GSF Hangar Bay

... you win.

Wait is there anything new here ??

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is helping the game if the devs did something about it. Argueing that the devs shouldn't do anything about it isn't helping.

Hiding problems from new players doesn't help your game, theyre still going to find them.

If you believe that your aggressive, argumentative, highly critical and occasionally snarky stance is capable of swaying anyone's opinion, then I won't try to get in your way. Go to town.

If you believe that your aggressive, argumentative, highly critical and occasionally snarky stance is capable of swaying anyone's opinion, then I won't try to get in your way. Go to town.

I didn't start that way, its been 2 years.

And it still usually starts out as a discussion until the fanboys show up.

Good god, im not trying to explain quantum physics here.

MMOS are easier than they used to be, that is fine in my opinion. They also have a lot more quality of life features and options than they used to, which I think is great.

My problem with swtor is they made a modern dumbed down mmo to attract the masses, then left out all the cool quality of life features of modern mmos which in turn ran off the masses.

You keep talking as if SWTOR is at the bottom of the barrel when you continue to ignore that is still the 2nd most sub mmo in the west behind wow. So how is tor a failure?

You keep saying cool QoL things but you haven't mentioned anything specific.

You keep talking as if SWTOR is at the bottom of the barrel when you continue to ignore that is still the 2nd most sub mmo in the west behind wow. So how is tor a failure?

See khevar these are the people im talking about.

Swtor didn't fail it just lost 3 times more players than it currently has.

i haven't specifically mentioned any qol items except the dozens of times ive said macros, addons and dual specs.

See khevar these are the people im talking about.

Swtor didn't fail it just lost 3 times more players than it currently has.

i haven't specifically mentioned any qol items except the dozens of times ive said macros, addons and dual specs.

For your first part every mmo has a strong start then dips. AoC did Rift did GW2 did LOTRO did. Thats the nature of the mmo industry. Difference with them and TOR is tor started out number 2 and still remains as number 2.

Macros and add ons are more problematic especially for pvp. As it create bot fights which bioware is against and I agree. And they are not necessary for the game neither is dual spec even though it would be nice.

For your first part every mmo has a strong start then dips. AoC did Rift did GW2 did LOTRO did. Thats the nature of the mmo industry. Difference with them and TOR is tor started out number 2 and still remains as number 2.

Macros and add ons are more problematic especially for pvp. As it create bot fights which bioware is against and I agree. And they are not necessary for the game neither is dual spec even though it would be nice.

Yeah youre right im sorry, all of those games are prime examples of successful mmos.

And thanks for your opinion on macros and addons, unfortunately the vast majority of mmo players don't agree with you.

I was one of the people that left 2 months after release. I just felt the game needed more time to grow. I never bashed or said anything bad about the game either, I just quietly left. I came back about 2 months ago and subbed again. The game has really improved. Of course there are things that need to be improved, and they really need to expand on the class stories, but overall the game is fun.

I play SWTOR, WOW, GW2, RIFT and TERA. I also frequent the forums of all these games daily and more people bash WOW then any other game and WOW is the number 1 MMO, whether people want to admit it or not.

I'll mention some specifics. They've been mentioned to death here and in the suggestion forum, and at the various cantina events. Every time, either Bioware says "no current plans to do this", or other players simply dismiss them as not needed or less important than <insert whatever here>, so this is probably a waste of space, but let's do it anyway. :cool:

QoL features I've seen requested a lot, aside from UI add-ons and macros, are: Dual spec with saved ability layout and gear, account-wide friend/ignore lists, being able to link imperial and republic guilds, guild capital ships (guild housing), chat bubbles (for those that want them), hood toggles, sitting in chairs, bank tab for BoL items/currency, a true appearance tab, etc, etc.

Now, it is true that resources are limited and Bioware has to pick and choose what to work on. But let's also not pretend that other MMOs seem to do more with even less.

All I can speak on expertise is for the raiding scene. Honestly SWTOR raids are pretty excellent quality pieces. Most of the bosses are well thought out, they have some form of interesting mechanic and of the current tier only two are really tank and spank [Nefra and Grob]. I would consider their nightmare content to be a little bit on the lacking side in the last tier excluding the dread guards pre-pre-pre-nerf, TfB, Thrasher and Styrak and we'll have to wait and see for this next upcoming tier, but I'd suspect everything to be cleared within a week assuming we don't have another gatekeeper boss repeat of the dread guards.

Overall raiding wise, SWTOR is probably above average. I still would hold WoWs raiding scene rift raiding as the only two better alternatives currently. Waiting to see how Wildstars raids turn out.

Edited by mastirkal

I've only raided in ToR (first MMO!). With 20- and 40- (!) man raids, I pity the poor sucker that takes on the job of raid leader there.

40 mans suck hard, and were the best times of my life in old WoW.

Currently I play end game here with these guys <Hatred> and 14/14 Heroic on SoO 10 in WoW. I'm pretty content with both of these games raiding. SW being my focus with PTS this upcoming week.

Edited by mastirkal

I've only raided in ToR (first MMO!). With 20- and 40- (!) man raids, I pity the poor sucker that takes on the job of raid leader there.

Ive raided since Eq1 back when raids were 60+ people and usually a pug made up of the best of the servers guilds but the mmo community was different back then even in the early days of wow 40mans people showed up for raids a lot more and with so many people, substituting a few people rarely hurt.

And i agree with the guy up top swtor has good raids, i like them quite a bit. I do think they are still behind wow and rift but they are getting better with every new one.