Little question about endgame

KevCrom

Hi guys :) I'm a sub and I've just hit level 50 with a toon. What am I supposed to do now to get the verter gear I can wear as a starting endgame-player? Should I start doing Makeb (my whole set is around 46-47 level), to earn basic comm for lvl 55, or should I do the first HM fps to get some "old" gear but still better than what I have right now?

I mean, what could be one quick way to get myself decently geared up for later Op? Thank you very much in advance!

Dulfy has a great end game gearing guide

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/

Finish Ilum, do your dailies, Group Finder Dailies and Weekly, Makeb, and then Oricon.

Completing Oricon gives you a whole set of Artifact level gear (156). The Makeb rep vendor will give you a Artifact main hand for 80 Basic Commendations. The best Non-Op weapon in game comes from the CZ-198 vendor for elite commendations. Save them for it. At 55 do the CZ dailies / weeklies and Makeb weeklies and group finder HM for elite commendations.

Black Hole dallies give you the best return on time spent (commendations and cash)

Edited by Owsley

The stuff you buy at level 50 is not going to help gear you for 55 Operations. Period.

Things you can do to gear yourself for 55 Ops:

• Dailies for credits and Basic Comms - the latter especially are good to buy Arkanian Relics when you hit 55. The credits can be used to add MK-9 Augmentation Kits to your gear or purchase crafted mods on the GTN because...
  • Oricon - The other poster is correct, and doing the Oricon story chain will give you five pieces (not a full set) of purple 66 gear. But the mods in those are frequently not optimized. If you want to best prepare yourself for 55 Operations, you'll likely need to swap out some of those mods for ones that better optimize your stats. Also, you'll still be missing several pieces of equipment (belt, bracers, implants, earpiece, main and offhand, relics) that can either be purchased with Comms, credits, or drops in HM 55 FPs.
  • Craft - If you have toons that craft Cybertech, Artifice, or Biochem, work on getting the best purple crafted items available (mods, Earpiece, and/or Implants) for when you hit Level 53/54. Those will easily take you into SM 55 S&V or TfB. Being able to craft your own Augmentation Kits and BiS Augments is also extremely useful.

The kinds of things you mention: doing HM 50 FPs, Dailies, using Planetary Comms to buy Makeb mods, etc. will mostly help you on the path to reach 55, not to do the Operations themselves. Which does not make them pointless, because you do still have to reach 55. :D

Black Hole dallies give you the best return on time spent (commendations and cash)

Credits, maybe, but Black Hole Dailies don't grant Basic comms, only Classics, and you only get 10 Basic Comms for doing the Weekly.

If you want bang for your buck and to get Basics, start doing Section X as soon as you hit 50 (you get 15 Basics for the Weekly and 1 Basic for every Daily quest) and get to CZ-198 as soon as you can clear the content (I was able to do it at level 51 on a tank and healer toon, 52 on a DPS. Might've been able to go sooner on the DPS but I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to die all the time), where you get 2 Basics for every quest and its great XP. Doing the Makeb story line and later the Dailies/Weeklies are also a good source of Basics.

Group Finder L50 FPs and Operations also grants good Daily Basic Comm rewards.

Edited by AlixMV

level to 55, do oricon story (gives you 66 armour ) join a 16 sm Dreadpalace/Fortress run, grab some loot, exchange ulti + elite for more gear. After that you want to go to Tfb + S&V Hm for better enhancements and then dread palace+ Fortress Hm. Last would be Tfb + S6V nm