Deployables Targeting

Bluflash

Howdy!

I was thinking of speccing a ship for the purpose of specifically targeting Bomber drops, since there seem to be so many of them around. IIRC mines and turrets lack shields, so perhaps using torpedoes would be effective?

So my question is there a way to force the game to only target the mines and turrets, rather than having to tab target through all the ships in scan range? It would be helpful also when assaulting a satellite to be able to tap a button a few times and see what kind of defensive layout you have to deal with. They are too small, stationary, and sometimes clipped through scenery, which makes them very hard to find on a visual scan.

Howdy!

I was thinking of speccing a ship for the purpose of specifically targeting Bomber drops, since there seem to be so many of them around. IIRC mines and turrets lack shields, so perhaps using torpedoes would be effective?

So my question is there a way to force the game to only target the mines and turrets, rather than having to tab target through all the ships in scan range? It would be helpful also when assaulting a satellite to be able to tap a button a few times and see what kind of defensive layout you have to deal with. They are too small, stationary, and sometimes clipped through scenery, which makes them very hard to find on a visual scan.

The ship you want is the Quell/Pike. It is the only ship that can equip the EMP Missile, which does 300 hull damage (ignoring shield and armor), and it does it in an AOE. That AOE will destroy all mines, and it will temporarily disable all drones. It will also disable the #1 system ability of any ships that get caught in the blast, but that isn't that important.

You should also equip heavy laser cannons and a range capacitor so that you can shoot down drones and mines from 6900m out.

I'd also recommend Directional Shields, so that you can put shields double-front when approaching a mined/droned area.

Additionally, you might also want to consider speccing for Damage Reduction (armor and defensive crew). While many player ship weapons have armor piercing (making damage reduction not so good), I don't think (m)any mines or drones do, so it might actually really help against them.

As for second secondary weapon, I'd go ahead and take Proton Torpedo, which you can employ against Bombers.

I could see a strategy being firing an EMP Missile from 7700m out. Then fly in close to 6900m and take out drones with Heavy Laser Cannons. Then lock onto the Bomber with a proton torpedo while shooting it with Heavy Laser Cannons. Then Barrel Roll away to escape retaliation, recharge shields and wait for missile cooldowns, and repeat.

Edited by Nemarus