Bug: Repair Drones INSIDE The Node

DroidDreamer

Flying my bomber, I am always looking for clever places to drops drones and mines. I tried to tuck my repair drone under the middle node in Lost Shipyards and it went inside the node. That's a bad bug and it needs to be fixed.

That's effectively bothersome.

Flying my bomber, I am always looking for clever places to drops drones and mines. I tried to tuck my repair drone under the middle node in Lost Shipyards and it went inside the node. That's a bad bug and it needs to be fixed.

You can still hit it though. Just have to shoot at it when it displays as if there was LoS - I shot one drone down that was inside a node yesterday.

You can still hit it though. Just have to shoot at it when it displays as if there was LoS - I shot one drone down that was inside a node yesterday.

That's good. Still needs fixing though. Deployed mines/drones should just stop at any solid object instead of going through them.

Stick railgun/missile drones in there, too.

I had not tried that since I am normally positioning them out side of LOS so they can get shots off. This needs to be fixed quickly. I have trouble estimating how far back the drone/mine will launch so it's difficult to gauge it if will go inside the wall.

I just played in a match with 7 bombers on the enemy team. They were all using this exploit. You cannot lock on them and you cannot shoot them, the only way to stop it was to EMP it ( Which is incredibly weak btw) or kill the bomber.

By the time you get in range. You're dead.

Imagine about 20 missile/rail droids inside a satellite. Yea. Thats how it was.

FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY

EMP missiles are not weak at all, but they are a very niche weapon. If you are firing it at something that can evade, you are doing it wrong. If you are firing it at a single target and not utilizing its AOE potential, you are wasting a LOT of damage/debuffs.

Step 1, target a defense turret or anything else that doesn't evade missiles.

Step 2, stop barely within range (note, consider using cover from as much else as you can).

Step 3 Lock on and, "Fire zee missiles!"

Step 4 switch to your other missile (I recommend concussions), target something dangerous and take it out...

Step 5 barrel roll past and set up for another volley starting at Step 1.

The whole process should take about as long as an EMP missile reload...

That's good. Still needs fixing though. Deployed mines/drones should just stop at any solid object instead of going through them.

They should crash... and explode... making bombers actually think about where they drop things.

*gasp*

Oh the horror!

The whole process should take about as long as an EMP missile reload...

Yep, and that's all the time you'll be alive. lol!

I've been putting practice into flying an anti-mine quell lately, and the EMP missile is far from fool-proof. Enemy gunships on point overwatch, enemy rail drones, and bombers/fighter/scouts defending the point have become VERY wary of Quells and will priority target you into tiny pieces very quickly. I generally live JUST long enough to get the EMP off. That's it. Unless the enemy team is full of asleep-at-the-stick newbs, or (after two or three runs) I've managed to clear most of their mines and they're occupied with my teammates, then I got a decent chance of living.

The easy to ID profile certainly doesn't help it. The Pike at least resembles the star guard if you just give it a quick glance in the target window.

Flying the EMP Quell is a kamikazi run about 75% of the time. But hey, how else ya gunna try and clear a point of mines for the rest of the team?

What a Quell EMP run feels like:

Edited by Xnemth

They should crash... and explode... making bombers actually think about where they drop things.

*gasp*

Oh the horror!

Jokes aside, they should just stop at whatever hard surface they were launched toward. Repair drones are very frail and I like to tuck them up under the node out of LOS. It's lame when the thing goes *into* the node.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.