[Guide] Sentinel PvE for Watchman, Combat, Focus, and Hybrid

Iwipe

Hey everyone, recently a couple of my guildies have started writing a series of class guides for my site for every spec/role for PvE endgame. They are designed to be beginner friendly but also carry enough information for players looking to do Nightmare operations. We have just finished up our Sentinel DPS guide and I thought I would share it.

Contents

You can find the following contents inside the guides

• Gearing and Stats priority
  • Gearing Overview
  • Ability Explanation
  • Opening Rotation
  • Cascading Power priority for Rage/Hybrid
  • Rotation Strategy
  • AoE rotation priority
  • Sample Parse Analysis
  • Tips & Tricks

If you are interested in the other guides we have written you can find all the healing ones here, all the tanking ones here and all the DPS ones here.

Enjoy and let me know if you have any suggestions, criticisms, or critiques in here or in the comments section below the guides! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to follow your guide but I don't understand what kind of gear should I get and I don't know where can I see my Surge rating.

In the guide you talk about the Weaponmaster's set, but isn't its rating too low to use that build for the ops?

Because I have the full Conqueror Weaponmaster's set (the one that you get with Classic Commendations) but it feels really week compared to the stuff that I'm buying with Elite Commendations.

Can you please provide a sample build for the Combat and the Hybrid spec? :)

I'm trying to follow your guide but I don't understand what kind of gear should I get and I don't know where can I see my Surge rating.

Your surge rating can be viewed by hovering your cursor over your Critical Multiplier stat. As to the gear you should buy, anything with power/surge enhancements and power mods, once you get all your armorings.

In the guide you talk about the Weaponmaster's set, but isn't its rating too low to use that build for the ops?

"Weaponmaster" is the name used on gear to label the gear you purchase using the tokens that drop in ops. It specifically refers to the armorings that grant you the set bonuses, I believe, and even the 69 version of such armorings are superior to the 78 commendation armorings because of the bonuses the Weaponmaster's set provides.

Yeah, but isn't this like saying that the Campaign Weaponmaster's set (rating 146) is better than the Verpine Foestopper's (rating 168) just because the first one has a set bonus? (And the bonus doesn't even seem that big deal, reduces the cost of dispatch by 1 and lowers the cooldown of Valorous Call by 15 seconds).

Thats the pre 2.0 old set bonus, the new set bonus (arkanian onwards) is a big dmg increase so much so that 4 69 armorings with set bonus will be better then 4 78 armorings without..

2-piece Increases the damage dealt by Ravage or Master Strike by 8%.

4-piece Reduces the cooldown of Frenzy or Valorous Call by 15 seconds. Additionally, activating Berserk or Zen increases all damage dealt by 4% for 15 seconds.

That's why I asked :)

In the guide he says "Set Bonus: 4 piece Weaponmaster’s" without saying which set to get, and I was afraid that I was wasting my commendations buying the Verpine stuff.

So it's ok to get the Verpine set until I can get the Arkanian one?

ye get whatevers highest until you can get arkanian, underworld or dread forged armoring in 4 pieces.

Also challenger and weaponmaster share the same set bonus so get whichever one has power/accuracy/surge and avoid anything with alacrity..

Edited by AngusFTW

I've been using the guide's watchman spec for PvE, but my question is is it possible to put those two points in Watchguard? This reduces the cooldown of pacify. We were doing classic ops last week and I had to keep interrupting the droids on Kephess in EC, but couldn't keep up with one of my interrupts on a longer cooldown, the other being force leap of course.

• 1 month later...