3 Suggestions for GSF - please read

Jaquelis

It is important to promote a new activity within the game by having elements of all playstyles - by having diversity you incorporate all levels of enjoyment and skill

Listed are suggestions for three easily achievable and prioritized goals of the gsf team:

1) capture the flag battle - by giving the flag carrier a damage debuff and allowing players to accordingly focus fire targets, the gsf community will grow with more focus firing practice as well as teamwork - the current modes do not offer significant teamwork

2) infiltration battle - where a main objective "target" is located within close quarters and gives players a chance to have fun flying instead of shooting - as well as working cooperatively to achieve a victory by destroying a central target - just like the PvP version of ATK/DEF - but with more emphasis on maneuvering ships through an obstacle - like the Death Star in EP4

3) I personally do not enjoy flight simulation games via 3rd person - we need a cockpit view (if there already is one andi havent discovered yet, apologies) but its a must when confronting a simulation "fanbase", we do not want to see our haul, we want to be in it and engage in fights with a full experience of flight simulation. With this cockpit view, sensors to locate enemies around your ship should be available within this view mode, we dont want to have to switch in an out of 3rd person mode to see behind us (even if it is an optional click that places our view into a separate cockpit/hangar/area of ship - bottom line some vision changes should be made to make targeting and awareness a bit easier OR realistic - 3rd person is unrealistic and too mechanical

I summarized 3 key components to lifting off this GSF component of SWTOR - while i only just started playing, I alrdy enjoy the customization of ships, as well as the available options - but a few things need to be worked on immediately or its popularity will quickly dampen. The current 2 modes are NOT enough, and a bit more diversity in activity will sprout more of the needed internal fanbase.

Focus on utilizing all strategic points of the current ships to advancing the integrity of the gameplay, the variables of gameplay are already there, but the reliability of constant "action and diversity" are not. Good job on the customization features and I hope to see a CTF queue soon :)

Amalthea / Pallene : Shadowlands -

Thank you!

Joe

1. Wont promote teamwork at all. All you need is 1 tank specced/evasion specced ship, a bomber and a scout to guard it and a GS to snipe attackers. A 4 man premade team could easily win.

2. Wont happen as each ship has different turning rates, so you would be favouring certain ships/specs.

3. GSF isnt a simulation. At all.

You have some semi decent ideas. But they need more work.

1) u want players to have this itemization and spec as a choice - the way gsf currently is, it will not last more than the few newcomers who try it - it needs variety, idc about your 4man premades, if they have the ships already theyre going to win

2) and duh - why would i choose a gs or bomber to quickly infiltrate an enemy ship - OR they can have checkpoints - you have to be the most stubborn and narrow-minded person if YOU CANT EXPAND ON ANY OF THESE CONCEPTS, go back to college algebra...

3) and if im not actually flying IN THE GAME yet i queue for a flying SIMULATION IN PVP ZONE, it becomes a flight simulation, I AM I AN INTERGALACTIC STARFIGHTER FLYING!! it needs different POVs... bottom line

while u may be the first to comment, your definitely the partial reason why no new changes or ideas are originated about an ongoing project trying to captivate players in a new style of pvp... learn to add your own input not negate ours

next plz