The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Name Tracker Idea

Blama

Hi, just wanted to pass on an idea if it does not already exist. The idea is that when you are trying to transfer a character with an epic name you cannot tell if that name exists in the server you are trying to transfer to. This may become a huge waste of money for those who care about such epic names lasting. So I have an idea that there should be some sort of name tracker that allows the players to check to see what names are available before they either create a character or transfer a character, that way they can decide if they should spend the money on it or not without having to go through the whole name change business.

"A name defines a character...a character defines the name" The Ravage Legacy of Legion

While this isn't necessarily a bad idea, I just thought I should note that you can do this to a certain degree by trying to make a new character on your destination server with the name you want. If it works, delete the character and transfer away. If it doesn't, you know you'll need to change your transfer's name.