Limit bombers and gunships to one per match

Tenacity

Y'know, I didnt complain so much about these ships at first, but the fact is that in both deathmatch and domination now the majority of teams I'm going up against are half bombers/half gunships, with no more than a single scout or strike fighter, and all they do is drop a minefield and sit in it while picking you off from range.

These ships are fine on their own, but the force multiplier when you have multiple bombers and gunships even partially communicating with one another makes flying other ship classes absolutely pointless.

Also, lately in deathmatch modes I keep getting hit with some kind of effect that prevents me from firing my weapons or using any abilities on my tray - anyone know what the hell this is? It's a complete disabling effect on my ship that lasts typically 5-10 seconds, but it's more than enough to be a death sentence.

You got hit by ion mines. They sap your ships energy.

I kill em all the time. here's a hint. don't charge em up the middle. come at em from a flank. 9 out of 10 gunship pilots lack the situational awareness to watch their sides or backs

agreed. toss in ion cannons once in range and heavies will make short work of them. It should be noted that locking missiles is actually a bad idea since that usually tips them off when they would otherwise be oblivious to taking damage.

I am firmly against this. Limiting ships and forcing people to play a different ship is not exactly the way to go with this. And you said "limit bombers" even though the only bomber useful in a deathmatch is the dronecarrier, the minelayer is fine and is mostly only useful for objective based combat, such as fighting on a node. As for gunships, just nerf the crits a little, and possibly bypass a little and we are fine, limiting both those ships is like forcing people not to be able to play their ships and will only lead to the opposite of what you want- you want people to stick with gsf, even though you said you quit before you even posted this, and yet you want to enable something that would only cause more quitting. this idea, thumbs down

Here's an alternate idea: do not allow bombers/gunships to respawn. If they get blown up, you personally cannot respawn using that same ship again in the game.

This not only makes killing a Gunship/Bomber more significant, it both limits how many there can be in a game, and also makes the alternate varieties much more valuable because you may need them. Of course, in a 12v12 you could still have up to 24 total on a side which is lots, but realistically there would be less since not everyone would have or choose to fly them.

Here's an alternate idea: do not allow bombers/gunships to respawn. If they get blown up, you personally cannot respawn using that same ship again in the game.

This not only makes killing a Gunship/Bomber more significant, it both limits how many there can be in a game, and also makes the alternate varieties much more valuable because you may need them. Of course, in a 12v12 you could still have up to 24 total on a side which is lots, but realistically there would be less since not everyone would have or choose to fly them.

I am firmly against not allowing gunships or bombers to respawn or limiting them. thats like slapping someone who upgraded that ship and practically forcing them to be second gear, and worse since A: bombers got slower engines than anyone and no escapes and B: it ruins any kind of freedom of choice for ships. Its ship BALANCE, not make the other ships have a greater priority. And as for all the bomber shouting, the dronecarrier type of bombers are the ones most people have complained about, the minelayer has significantly less utility and capability than the dronecarrier, and yet people shout "nerf bombers" because for some reason the op drones are the fault of bombers that can't even carry them as well. In conclusion no restricting anyone, if you think something is op, you do not counteract that by restricting their use.

Here is even a better idea. Force all pilots to fly the strike fighter and remove all boost abilities, and missle breaks..oh and remove gunships and bombers and scouts...

/sarcasm off

Honestly? If there would be a mode where you can only fly Strike Fighter, and that mode would be selectable (not random), I wouldn't play anything else.

I am firmly against not allowing gunships or bombers to respawn or limiting them. thats like slapping someone who upgraded that ship and practically forcing them to be second gear, and worse since A: bombers got slower engines than anyone and no escapes and B: it ruins any kind of freedom of choice for ships. Its ship BALANCE, not make the other ships have a greater priority. And as for all the bomber shouting, the dronecarrier type of bombers are the ones most people have complained about, the minelayer has significantly less utility and capability than the dronecarrier, and yet people shout "nerf bombers" because for some reason the op drones are the fault of bombers that can't even carry them as well. In conclusion no restricting anyone, if you think something is op, you do not counteract that by restricting their use.

Well, decent balance does not seem to be likely since it would require some fairly big redesigns of the ship functionality and roles.

Well, decent balance does not seem to be likely since it would require some fairly big redesigns of the ship functionality and roles.

think about it this way, if we are in a bad situation what do you think will drive people away? being told that all of a sudden the ships they have spent time upgrading are now highly restricted, or just having subtle nerfs that don't wreck the function and utility?

Edited by Sangrar