[BUG] Still no GSF sound in Windows XP

Starbros

During the battle loading screen for Galactic Starfighter, the game audio stops completely (accompanied by a speaker pop and occasionally a momentary white flash onscreen) and remains silent for the entire match. The audio returns only when the match ends and the regular game loads again. Windows sound is perfectly fine when switching to desktop, but switching back to SWTOR running GSF triggers the speaker pop and GSF is still silent, even while sound from other Windows apps plays normally over the game's silence.

I run SWTOR on Windows XP and have had no audio issues except for this bug, which I first encountered when early beta tests began for Galactic Starfighter. Are any other XP users out there suffering the same problem? Any developer reading this, could you please explain what's being done to correct this bug now that GSF is fully Free-to-Play? Thank you.

• 7 months later...
I have been experiencing this same bug with Windows XP also. Sometimes the sound comes on intermittently then just as inexplicably stops. It would be much more fun and interesting if we could actually be able to rely on our sound for ques to let us know we are being hit, have lock on tone and whatever other sounds they put in, but since I dont get to hear it I don't know what im missing out on.

• 1 month later...
False analogy. An old car doesn't have to worry about new types of malware, functionality with newer software, etc. Regardless of that, those old cars are generally no longer supported by the OEMs either, and parts often have to be acquired through other means, with any issues that come up being left to you.