BUG: Targeting Telemetry causes severe framerate drop

Nemarus

I know someone posted about this before, but I can't find it.

I know that for a long time I was using TT with very few upgrades, and I do not recall running into this framerate drop ... I've only noticed it recently. It might be due to something in 2.6, but I heavily suspect it is due to my having finally bought all the upgrades for TT. Perhaps one of them changes the graphical effect such that it now causes a framerate drop.

UPDATE: I tried TT on an alt. He has not purchased any upgrades. There was no framerate drop when I used TT. So the framerate is definitely from one of the later upgrades.

UPDATE2: I have confirmed that the upgrade "Target Prediction" (4A) is the culprit here. If I choose the other option, my framerate is just fine when using TT.

Given that the point of this ability is to greatly improve your accuracy and lethality for a few seconds, having a framerate drop right when you use it (as you're lining up your target) is very frustrating.

And I should make clear that my computer has never had any problems running SWTOR at max settings--especially GSF. When I use TT, my framerate goes from buttery smooth to SLOOOOW for a second or two. It wouldn't be a big deal if this didn't occur RIGHT when I'm lining up a shot.

Edited by Nemarus

I know someone posted about this before, but I can't find it.

I know that for a long time I was using TT with very few upgrades, and I do not recall running into this framerate drop ... I've only noticed it recently. It might be due to something in 2.6, but it also may be due to my having finally bought all the upgrades for TT. Perhaps one of them changes the graphical effect such that it now causes a framerate drop.

Given that the point of this ability is to greatly improve your accuracy and lethality for a few seconds, having a framerate drop right when you use it (as you're lining up your target) is very frustrating.

And I should make clear that my computer has never had any problems running SWTOR at max settings--especially GSF. When I use TT, my framerate goes from buttery smooth to SLOOOOW for a second or two. It wouldn't be a big deal if this didn't occur RIGHT when I'm lining up a shot.

Can confirm this.

Also, the guy that made the other thread was 'helloder' (though he quit/took a break to beta test ESO/Wildfire)

Workaround: stop using Terrible Telemetry, start using Bad-*** Overcharge. :p

But yeah, this definitely needs fixing. Hoping it'll come on Tuesday (with the fix to missile drones and double volley, ideally).

Edited by Armonddd

But yeah, this definitely needs fixing. Hoping it'll come on Tuesday (with the fix to missile drones and double volley, ideally).

Exactly! You showed us with your magnificent piece of work of a thread

Except that isn't an option if you're flying a blackbolt. While I know the answer to that is 'Fly a sting,' that may not be an option if you're trying to make multiple scout loadouts for different purposes.

I tried out Targeting Telemetry, un-upgraded, on an alt. There is no framerate drop. The bug is certainly due to the graphical effect applied after one of the later TT upgrades.

I have fully upgraded TTs on most ships that can use them. I see no drop in frame rate at all, so more likely it is more computer hardware/software related than upgrade related.

I have fully upgraded TTs on most ships that can use them. I see no drop in frame rate at all, so more likely it is more computer hardware/software related than upgrade related.

Or that is you don't have the same upgrades. There are four combinations of upgrades : 4A-5A 4A-5B 4B-5A 4B-5B.

Unless you've tried all of them, the upgrade cause is still plausible.

Or that is you don't have the same upgrades. There are four combinations of upgrades : 4A-5A 4A-5B 4B-5A 4B-5B.

Unless you've tried all of them, the upgrade cause is still plausible.

Anyone willing to take 15% range on a scout over cirt and surge, is welcome to some lag... :p

Oh yeah and I never said it couldn't be the upgrades, just was more likely the player's computer setup.

Anyone willing to take 15% range on a scout over cirt and surge, is welcome to some lag... :p

Oh yeah and I never said it couldn't be the upgrades, just was more likely the player's computer setup.

Except that I didn't run into this until fully upgrading TT. And I don't run into it when using an alt with un-upgraded TT. So yeah, it's certainly my computer. :rolleyes:

Right now I suspect it's 4A, "Target Prediction". I'm going to do more testing tonight to make sure.

Except that I didn't run into this until fully upgrading TT. And I don't run into it when using an alt with un-upgraded TT. So yeah, it's certainly my computer. :rolleyes:

Right now I suspect it's 4A, "Target Prediction". I'm going to do more testing tonight to make sure.

Confirmed. "Target Prediction" is the problem. Probably because it pulses out an Evasion debuff that affects nearby enemies.

Though this might also indicate that TT's base stealth dispel effect may cause problems as well when stealth ships eventually come around.