[Feedback]Lock ship when launching is not a good idea right now

Elminster_cs

I try to explain what I'm thinking.

Right now when you "launch" into the battle both ship and component selection are block. You must leave the queue to do a new change.

Introducing a new play mode have introduced a problem.

I see that sometimes you select some component good for Domination and you join the Deathmatch, sometimes you load some equipment for Deathmatch and you join Domination.

A clear situation, and example, is with the bomber that have some ability near to be useless in Deathmatch but very very valuable in Domination and viceversa.

So it is better to have two "different hangar" where you can load weapon for Deathmatch and another one for Domination, so when you join the system select the "right hangar" and you have you right ship and component ready to be used.

Hope I have explained well and read something yellow on this.

I think you're supposed to eventually gear up multiple fighters so you can choose from the five you bring to the table (at the bottom center of your hanger). In the meantime, just use unupgraded versions of whatever's good for the map you're on.

I think you're supposed to eventually gear up multiple fighters so you can choose from the five you bring to the table (at the bottom center of your hanger). In the meantime, just use unupgraded versions of whatever's good for the map you're on.

I already have. The problem is that, for example, I have 1 bomber, 2 strikers, 1gunship, 1 scout. So I can choese the role that is actually missing, or where I see the worst mates. But if they are armed for Deathmatch, some of them are not armed for Domination.

That is why i think that there might be "different configuration" (same ship with same upgrade, just different ability switch, like preset) that is selected when you enter on the field.

I think you'll find it is supposed to be like that for rp reasons and to give the other team a chance if your team all have the perfect mastered ships for every arena. How long do you think it takes to change the weapon systems, engine or armour on a starfighter?

Like others have said, I think the idea is to force you to make choices. You can design a ship to be a generalist, able to participate in any kind of match (Strikes are good for this). Or you can target each of your 5 readied ships for a particular gametype. For example, right now I have one ship for Deathmatch and four others for different needs in Domination.

As we get more gametypes, the choices will become more difficult--and thus more interesting.

Though mark my words, they'll sell an extra readied ship slot in the cartel market one day.