4 more than other side .. auto quit ... still lose

Khveldar

Here is the scenario. You log into GSF and your team has 4+ more than the other team starting the 30 sec shutdown. Shutdown goes off and your team LOSES. How is the possible. Every time I have been in the situation where it has been reverse, other team has 4+ people than us and the shutdown goes off, we still LOSE. Do both teams lose? Or is this a glitch?

Here is the scenario. You log into GSF and your team has 4+ more than the other team starting the 30 sec shutdown. Shutdown goes off and your team LOSES. How is the possible. Every time I have been in the situation where it has been reverse, other team has 4+ people than us and the shutdown goes off, we still LOSE. Do both teams lose? Or is this a glitch?

We've posted on this subject numerous times...

I assume they both loose. If you think it through RP wise you didn't actually perform the objective of capturing the Data network.

Technically a 8 vs 12 the 8 could still win I've seen premades that could do it so you also couldn't assume victory either so therefore both teams loose.

The teams have to have no more than a 2-person difference. If one team has 3+ more people than the other, the 30 second abort countdown begins. If it finishes, both teams lose.

In the case where you don't accomplish anything, you're obviously going to get 0 requisition. And beyond that, the only difference between a "win" or a "loss" is how fast you progress in daily/weekly. That you even get credit for one match--for doing nothing--is generous enough. Giving someone full completion of their daily for not even flying would be a bit much.

As for those who are worried about their overall win/loss record--the amount of aborted matches will be statistically insignificant after a while. Besides, a lot of people score wins just because their team had experienced premades on it while the other team didn't.

So in the end, win/loss doesn't mean all that much anyway. It's all about your contribution and how much requisition you earned.

If you really want bragging rights based more on your skill than any other factor, look at your career MVP's. Though even that can be a poor measure if you often fly with a guild and are the second best pilot in it.

Edited by Nemarus

As for those who are worried about their overall win/loss record--the amount of aborted matches will be statistically insignificant after a while.

It is about 10% or so (I haven't been keeping an exact tally) of my loss total.

I think the most frustrating thing is that a match will abort at 30 seconds left before launch if the teams are unbalanced, yet the players who haven't joined yet have 30 more seconds to join according to their queue pop message.

Fix = don't start the autoquit countdown until 31 seconds remain in the start timer.

It is about 10% or so (I haven't been keeping an exact tally) of my loss total.

I think the most frustrating thing is that a match will abort at 30 seconds left before launch if the teams are unbalanced, yet the players who haven't joined yet have 30 more seconds to join according to their queue pop message.

Fix = don't start the autoquit countdown until 31 seconds remain in the start timer.

Good fix idea.

In the case where you don't accomplish anything, you're obviously going to get 0 requisition.

Earlier today, I got 150 requisition for a loss in this manner, along with a fistful of experience. I was dumb and forgot to screenshot it, though. I'm pretty sure it was on TEH Imperial (because it was only 87-ish exp, and that's my only character low enough level for that to make sense), but it might have been on Harbinger Republic.

Also, free credits.

Earlier today, I got 150 requisition for a loss in this manner, along with a fistful of experience. I was dumb and forgot to screenshot it, though. I'm pretty sure it was on TEH Imperial (because it was only 87-ish exp, and that's my only character low enough level for that to make sense), but it might have been on Harbinger Republic.

Also, free credits.

Well, queueing does at least show an interest/effort ;D

Well, queueing does at least show an interest/effort ;D

That's true!

I wonder if I might have misremembered. I wonder if the match shut down after we launched.

If so, there's an interesting implication. We've heard reports that people have joined a match with their team at 990 points, launched, and gotten 300 req for idling in space for a few seconds. That implies that you earn 300 requisition for a win, regardless of other contributions.

Assuming my match shut down after we launched, the game would treat it similarly: launch, complete nothing besides movement, defeat, award 150 requisition. (I'm talking myself into believing this is what happened.)

So I wonder if you get a base 150 requisition for a lose and 300 for a win... or if you get 150 for playing the match and double your total requisition if you win.

I'd say it merits investigation (and we could figure out if you get double all requisition for winning, or double objectives requisition for winning, or what have you), but the breakdowns will be available Tuesday.

I assume they both lose....

bingo. if the shutdown goes off, both sides get the 'defeated' message.

Technically a 8 vs 12 the 8 could still win I've seen premades that could do it so you also couldn't assume victory either so therefore both teams loose.

doesn't need to be a premade.

i've PUG'd wins in this situation right after Preferred Access started. an 8 pilot Imp squad demolished 12 pub pilots simply due to experience.

Edited by dancezwithnubz

That's true!

I wonder if I might have misremembered. I wonder if the match shut down after we launched.

If so, there's an interesting implication. We've heard reports that people have joined a match with their team at 990 points, launched, and gotten 300 req for idling in space for a few seconds. That implies that you earn 300 requisition for a win, regardless of other contributions.

Assuming my match shut down after we launched, the game would treat it similarly: launch, complete nothing besides movement, defeat, award 150 requisition. (I'm talking myself into believing this is what happened.)

So I wonder if you get a base 150 requisition for a lose and 300 for a win... or if you get 150 for playing the match and double your total requisition if you win.

I'd say it merits investigation (and we could figure out if you get double all requisition for winning, or double objectives requisition for winning, or what have you), but the breakdowns will be available Tuesday.

Honestly I think it would be rare to join the winning side in your stated scenario. I have backfilled people that left when losing, but not winning. I guess someone could have DC'd long enough to get kicked...

And I wonder if the game rewards you on a "prorated" system if you back fill. Meaning if the game ends 45 seconds after you launch, bu tyou manage to kill a pair of turrets and a fighter, you get significantly more than someone who ended up with the same results but was there the whole match. That is just a random thought for tonight...

Honestly I think it would be rare to join the winning side in your stated scenario. I have backfilled people that left when losing, but not winning. I guess someone could have DC'd long enough to get kicked...

And I wonder if the game rewards you on a "prorated" system if you back fill. Meaning if the game ends 45 seconds after you launch, bu tyou manage to kill a pair of turrets and a fighter, you get significantly more than someone who ended up with the same results but was there the whole match. That is just a random thought for tonight...

i popped very late into a match not long ago. enemy was at 970, we were <100.

i had enough time to get to the center node and pop one turret before the game ended, walked out with ~180 req + 18 fleet req. but I don't always get 1,500 req in games where I pop 10+ turrets.

it's weird.

i popped very late into a match not long ago. enemy was at 970, we were <100.

i had enough time to get to the center node and pop one turret before the game ended, walked out with ~180 req + 18 fleet req. but I don't always get 1,500 req in games where I pop 10+ turrets.

it's weird.

If I got 150 req for pressing launch and you got 180 req for popping a turret, you might earn 30 req per turret and 150 for a defeat, meaning you'd get 450 req if you popped ten turrets and lost (and did nothing else).