The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ughh. Tempted to actually make a "The OFFICIALLY REAL Most Powerful Revisited 2.0."

Look, we had our differences in that one thread but I'm actually with you on this. I think the whole idea that the general public can't weight in is a joke. The problem then becomes the "decision" on "who's the strongest" is a fan club decision decided between three to four people. If the rest of the forum doesn't care about it or even agree with it then why not keep it in pms? This thread was made basically as a "This is absolute fact!" yet people disagreed. It might as well be titled "Beni and co's opinion on who's the top 10."

Not bashing you Beni or anyone here. Nor am I claiming to be the most knowledgeable. However, I never took the first thread seriously. No one's really going to take the new one seriously either if only a "small council" of people who weren't even acknowledged or voted for by the rest of the board decides in their head canon on who the top 10 really are.

Look, we had our differences in that one thread but I'm actually with you on this. I think the whole idea that the general public can't weight in is a joke. The problem then becomes the "decision" on "who's the strongest" is a fan club decision decided between three to four people. If the rest of the forum doesn't care about it or even agree with it then why not keep it in pms? This thread was made basically as a "This is absolute fact!" yet people disagreed. It might as well be titled "Beni and co's opinion on who's the top 10."

Not bashing you Beni or anyone here. Nor am I claiming to be the most knowledgeable. However, I never took the first thread seriously. No one's really going to take the new one seriously either if only a "small council" of people who weren't even acknowledged or voted for by the rest of the board decides in their head canon on who the top 10 really are.

It is open to the public.

It is open to the public.

Ah, I heard someone ask earlier and then someone stated it wasn't. Maybe it was a joking post. I did see Selenial mention it was but no one else chimed in after. I apologize.

I also agree that Nihilus should be strongly considered in the top 10. I think it's almost insanity that he isn't and I'm not a KOTOR 2 fanboy.

Edited by Rhyltran

Ah, I heard someone ask earlier and then someone stated it wasn't. Maybe it was a joking post. I did see Selenial mention it was but no one else chimed in after. I apologize.

Don't worry about it. I think the only thing that's private will be the writing of the comparisons, basically a compilation of all the facts presented.

Of course, I lost track of it, so let Beni sort it out. But I will say that a decision has to be made eventually, otherwise the list will never get made.

It's a open group discussion pal, but someone has to make a final decision, in this case its actually three people. Of course we're not going to make a decision without support, this being a response and solution to claims that in the past thread I was dictating. I think you've misunderstood the concept, I'm sure it will become clear in practice.

Though if you feel you have a better solution I'm all ears, apart from "don't bother" of course. We encourage constructive criticism, but no offense this kind of ranting isn't going to lead to any kind of progress.

Edited by Beniboybling

Don't worry about it. I think the only thing that's private will be the writing of the comparisons, basically a compilation of all the facts presented.

Of course, I lost track of it, so let Beni sort it out. But I will say that a decision has to be made eventually, otherwise the list will never get made.

Wait. Then how does this make it open to the public if the comparisons are going to be done in private?

It's a open group discussion pal, but someone has to make a final decision, in this case its actually three people. Of course we're not going to make a decision without support, this being a response and solution to claims that in the past thread I was dictating. I think you've misunderstood the concept, I'm sure it will become clear in practice.

I get that a final decision must be made. I see your point so long as that decision isn't made while everyone is gnashing their teeth in opposition.

Edited by Rhyltran

Wait. Then how does this make it open to the public if the comparisons are going to be done in private?

Written and discussed in private and then posted for public discussion. Honestly, I'm not even sure comparison is the proper word, if I'm guessing right. More like a compilation of the abilities of characters into the three realms of Force mastery.

We then put it to the floor, and get peoples opinions on who is superior category by category. The Council then deliberates, taking into account the points that have been put across, and make a final decision.

The only thing that happens in private is a compilation of the chosen three candidates feats in ordered in terms of control, sense and alter, like this but with verdicts ommitted. We then put it to the floor and get peoples opinions on who is superior, category by category. The council then confers, taking everyone's points into account, before making a final decision, a decision that with the presence of three different members, will be as impartial as possible.

It would of course be pointless if it was all done in private, and everyone just sat back and watched.

I get that a final decision must be made. I see your point so long as that decision isn't made while everyone is gnashing their teeth in opposition.
Of course not, if that were the case the end result would have no validity. That's the point of the Council really, I think myself, Aurbere and Selenial combined accounts for the majority of viewpoints on these forums, and that if we all agree on something more likely than not we'll have a forum consensus to support. We of course require the input of everyone so that every angle is considered, so its not just going to be our own personal opinions, just perspectives.

I also agree that Nihilus should be strongly considered in the top 10. I think it's almost insanity that he isn't and I'm not a KOTOR 2 fanboy.

In my eyes, Nihilus is a special case for many reasons since many conventional characteristics are not really valuable when examining him. For example, he is not a force ghost, yet he has no body as his soul merely inhabits his armor. Then his powers must be taken into consideration, which they are in my opinion at full strength, something that defies power differences.

Nihilus is an anomaly, and while he is hard to categorize, it can be done. For the most part however, one must look at the counters there are to him, and judged them against the strength of the others. As for the variation in his power, we all know characters have low ball, and high ball showings. Not really anything odd there.

Oh such a nice thread... I really should comment more... But alas, it is not my place. Though, I want to thank you Sel for the shout out concerning changing views on Jerec quite a few pages ago. :d_grin:

Oh such a nice thread... I really should comment more... But alas, it is not my place. Though, I want to thank you Sel for the shout out concerning changing views on Jerec quite a few pages ago. :d_grin:

You can participate if you want when this actually gets started. More voices is always good.

Of course not, if that were the case the end result would have no validity. That's the point of the Council really, I think myself, Aurbere and Selenial combined accounts for the majority of viewpoints on these forums, and that if we all agree on something more likely than not we'll have a forum consensus to support. We of course require the input of everyone so that every angle is considered, so its not just going to be our own personal opinions, just perspectives.

I have to agree with this. (I would right? :p)

Thing is, we have starkly different opinions on a lot of things. We all have varying spheres of knowledge and are not even remotely afraid of challenging one another.

There are people on these forums with differing opinions from Beni, and who stray from debates with him because of it. There are probably a lot more who have issues with how I handle characters, and dislike debating me because of it.

I think the reasons the council choices are good is because we all have differing opinions, but maintain a good relationship and work through it almost constantly.

You can say we're going to simply agree on our favorite characters and leave it at that, but I'd tell you all to cast your minds back to the Master Fay placement, in which myself and Aurbere were strongly opposed. The discussion halted because Rayla supported Beni, and that balanced the scales to no one being able to call a decision. With the council In place we can happily disagree and come to a quick and decisive end.

It's really just to streamline the process and stop it stagnating, and I think you'd struggle to find a better triumvirate to handle it.

I have to agree with this. (I would right? :p)

Thing is, we have starkly different opinions on a lot of things. We all have varying spheres of knowledge and are not even remotely afraid of challenging one another.

There are people on these forums with differing opinions from Beni, and who stray from debates with him because of it. There are probably a lot more who have issues with how I handle characters, and dislike debating me because of it.

I think the reasons the council choices are good is because we all have differing opinions, but maintain a good relationship and work through it almost constantly.

You can say we're going to simply agree on our favorite characters and leave it at that, but I'd tell you all to cast your minds back to the Master Fay placement, in which myself and Aurbere were strongly opposed. The discussion halted because Rayla supported Beni, and that balanced the scales to no one being able to call a decision. With the council In place we can happily disagree and come to a quick and decisive end.

It's really just to streamline the process and stop it stagnating, and I think you'd struggle to find a better triumvirate to handle it.

Alright. That's a fair enough assessment. Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed response defending the decision. I really appreciate that (no sarcasm).