The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling

It depends on my current personality, I have four, you know? Selenial normally calms me down though into another.

You'd best hope she does. This is a friendly community, so I'm sure we would all prefer it if discussions continued in a friendly manner.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be too harsh to KMC, but I feel that this is our project and it should stay here. I honestly don't see much good coming from spreading it around. No offense intended, but I'm going to take a hardline stance on this.

But, moving on.

They could be viable. It just depends on how we view game mechanics. We should probably have a serious discussion about that.

Personally for me game mechanics, strength is relative. player choice is non-cannon. So even things like "which class/ Classes do I bring to a FP or Ops?" is a choice and non-cannon thus those events are non-cannon to the Player Characters. HOWEVER they would still be cannon to the overall story. Same with the planetary stories. Some one did them the Player characters did not. Even if the Player characters have something specific to them (like a Premotion) I find as much cannon as the light side ending for the Female Revan. the light side ending is cannon, the gender is just wrong. Here it would be the ending is cannon, some one got premoted, just who is wrong... or right... I dont know.

But with Strength being Relative, we can look at generic non-named enemies and tell the relative strength compared to each other (as long as we stick to the Class story representations and not the FP or planet or Ops Representations as it ends up becoming much more "relative to WHO") We also still ignore NUMBER of mobs, as that is decided for game play purposes, while technically so was the "strength" of the mobs, the NAMES of the Generic soldiers placed on each of those "game Mechanics" I feel less so. Example There is a reason the Elite Melee Mobs are largely all Jedi Knights, or Jedi masters, and not just Wookies or Republic Special Forces. How difficult it is to defeat them the abilities they use and the numbers of their health and damage and how many stand in a group are game mechanics. The normal, Strong, Elite, I feel is a more generic indication of strength.

Edit: I do not count named characters in this as their strength I feel is more determined by "game mechanics" rather then actual Relative Strength.

Edited by tunewalker

Anyway, how close are we to getting this ready to take off?
Well the Kaggath is keeping me busy right now, but after this match before we debut the exhibition matches I'm planning on having a short break, and in that interim we can probably reboot this as folks seem eager. I'm also planning on taking up the role of Arbiter in the exhibition matches so that should give me time to be more heavily involved. Also, I have something else planned for that interim designed to assist with the Kaggath. Edited by Beniboybling

They could be viable. It just depends on how we view game mechanics. We should probably have a serious discussion about that.
Well I'd only accept cutscenes as canon in terms of Force powers, of course we can consider accolades in terms of who they've defeated as canon as well. I'm actually working on compiling their feats. into control, sense and alter.

Well the Kaggath is keeping me busy right now, but after this match before we debut the exhibition matches I'm planning on having a short break, and in that interim we can probably reboot this as folks seem eager. I'm also planning on taking up the role of Arbiter in the exhibition matches so that should give me time to be more heavily involved. Also, I have something else planned for that interim designed to assist with the Kaggath.

That's fine.

About game characters, I'm not too sure about Nox.

I've been thinking more about the placement of characters, so I'd like to suggest some ideas to go along with my previous one.

Feats, powers, and abilities should be posted for potential candidates. That would make it so we have as much information as possible in the thread, which would make it easier to gather the information needed for our comparisons.

There should be a 'council' or people to decide who gets placed where. Sometimes, no offense Beni, certain characters were placed even though several members disagreed with the placement or the inclusion of the character (Master Fay, for example). So I think Sel's triumvirate suggestion for the Kaggath Arbiters would be a way to go so that it's not just one person deciding on who goes where (No offense, again, Beni). Of course, the most active and prominent members would have to be the ones involved in that.

That's what I have for now.

I've been thinking more about the placement of characters, so I'd like to suggest some ideas to go along with my previous one.

Feats, powers, and abilities should be posted for potential candidates. That would make it so we have as much information as possible in the thread, which would make it easier to gather the information needed for our comparisons.

There should be a 'council' or people to decide who gets placed where. Sometimes, no offense Beni, certain characters were placed even though several members disagreed with the placement or the inclusion of the character (Master Fay, for example). So I think Sel's triumvirate suggestion for the Kaggath Arbiters would be a way to go so that it's not just one person deciding on who goes where (No offense, again, Beni). Of course, the most active and prominent members would have to be the ones involved in that.

That's what I have for now.

I'm offended, your banned forevers. :D:D:D

But really another thing I wanted to discuss was rulings and I was in fact thinking of a similar solution, I think it would also expedite the process. I feel that when things get a dead in the water I end up prodding people for opinions, and ultimately a random yay or nay to back up my conclusions doesn't hold much validity.

I would agree concerning a Council, however the original system was popularity based, so I'm not sure whether we should retain that, or give the ultimate decision making power, regardless of the opinion of the gen pop. to said council.

I'm offended, your banned forevers. :D:D:D

But really another thing I wanted to discuss was rulings and I was in fact thinking of a similar solution, I think it would also expedite the process. I feel that when things get a dead in the water I end up prodding people for opinions, and ultimately a random yay or nay to back up my conclusions doesn't hold much validity.

I would agree concerning a Council, however the original system was popularity based, so I'm not sure whether we should retain that, or give the ultimate decision making power, regardless of the opinion of the gen pop. to said council.

:jawa_frown:

Well, I feel that's what the comparison system is for. I think a conference of sorts should take place between Council members before the comparison is posted so that any disagreements are meshed out. In that sense, a comparison would be a combined effort between the three (or any number) of them for the public to agree or disagree with. From there, debate can be had and, with all opinions taken into account, a ruling can be made.

And aren't all of these popularity based? :p

:jawa_frown:

Well, I feel that's what the comparison system is for. I think a conference of sorts should take place between Council members before the comparison is posted so that any disagreements are meshed out. In that sense, a comparison would be a combined effort between the three (or any number) of them for the public to agree or disagree with. From there, debate can be had and, with all opinions taken into account, a ruling can be made.

And aren't all of these popularity based? :p

I suppose, the Council listens to the people and then makes a final decision.

OK so who wants to be on this Council? I do. :D

...as supreme arbiter.

I suppose, the Council listens to the people and then makes a final decision.

OK so who wants to be on this Council? I do. :D

...as supreme arbiter.

Well, like I said, the Council would have to be made up of the most active and prominent members.

So definitely you and me. How many should there be?