The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, anyway, Beni says we can continue discussions in advance, so I'll put forward something for discussion.

What about Galen Marek? I've been thinking of doing a thread for him to analyze his Star Destroyer feat as well as his other greatest feats of Force power. Maybe that will help us decide where he goes on these lists.

And how many NJO characters would we consider for these lists?

Well, I think placement decisions could be like a gauntlet. For example in the most powerful Force users list:

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Darth Sidious

3. ???

We could put forth potential candidates for #3 and run them each through our tried and true comparison system. Of course, the further we go down the more people will have to go through, but I wouldn't see a problem with it.

However, we would have to agree that certain characters would be potential candidates. Like, I think we can all agree that Malgus ain't fitting in at #3. :p

That's a good idea actually, I think we can do that.

Alright, anyway, Beni says we can continue discussions in advance, so I'll put forward something for discussion.

What about Galen Marek? I've been thinking of doing a thread for him to analyze his Star Destroyer feat as well as his other greatest feats of Force power. Maybe that will help us decide where he goes on these lists.

And how many NJO characters would we consider for these lists?

NJO is really a blind spot for me, I'd appreciate it if folks could pool together and come up with a shortlist of the most powerful of that era. I'd also like to know if people think Cade is a valid candidate.

Also I wan't to finish SoR. :D

On the topic of Revan, considering his recent shenanigans, he really should be removed from the Jedi List. :p

How close are you to being done? :confused: I mean, you really shouldn't want to play through it. It isn't very good, story-wise.

I'd have to agree. He'd still make the Force users list, most likely.

NJO is really a blind spot for me, I'd appreciate it if folks could pool together and come up with a shortlist of the most powerful of that era. I'd also like to know if people think Cade is a valid candidate.

Well, I can confess that I am no expert either, as I only read through those books once and don't own any save for four. I do, however, have some of their abilities and feats committed to memory, so I could make a rough list of potential candidates.

And I would agree that Cade is a valid candidate. I'll work on a list of powerful NJO characters, but I would be more comfortable if someone like Star or Tune did it.

How close are you to being done? :confused: I mean, you really shouldn't want to play through it. It isn't very good, story-wise.

We should make the force user list 20-25, so we could have Talzin and other normal force users that aren't quite top 10 in there.

Hey are you reading my mind? How did you know about my eternal quest for good video game story? :confused::confused:

But yeah the story kinda leaves much to be desired, its not as good as Makeb. But its important content so I kinda need to play through it to understand what the hell is going on. I also had to do Forged Alliances, because I had neglected it cause some of those flashpoints were dull, dull, dull, dull, dull! Right now though I don't know I'm on some Revanite island, there are traitor Imps and Pubs and stuff... and funny looking bird people...

We should make the force user list 20-25, so we could have Talzin and other normal force users that aren't quite top 10 in there.

I'd say expand it to 15. I think more than that would get very complicated. I might be willing to do 20, if only to appease my need for even numbers. :p

And I'm pretty sure Talzin would make top 10. I mean, we all saw her take on Palpatine, right?

I'd say expand it to 15. I think more than that would get very complicated. I might be willing to do 20, if only to appease my need for even numbers. :p

And I'm pretty sure Talzin would make top 10. I mean, we all saw her take on Palpatine, right?

Well I don't want her too high unless she gets banned from the Kaggath :p

No but seriously, she's a strong contender for top 10 but it's up for debate, she has more skill than raw power, her Lightning feat is what proves she's up there in my opinion.

Hey are you reading my mind? How did you know about my eternal quest for good video game story? :confused::confused:

But yeah the story kinda leaves much to be desired, its not as good as Makeb. But its important content so I kinda need to play through it to understand what the hell is going on. I also had to do Forged Alliances, because I had neglected it cause some of those flashpoints were dull, dull, dull, dull, dull! Right now though I don't know I'm on some Revanite island, there are traitor Imps and Pubs and stuff... and funny looking bird people...

I always call those bird people Chozo, because I love Metroid and anything in Metroid would make SoR better. Even

Well I don't want her too high unless she gets banned from the Kaggath :p

No but seriously, she's a strong contender for top 10 but it's up for debate, she has more skill than raw power, her Lightning feat is what proves she's up there in my opinion.

She'll probably get banned like Plagueis did. :(

Well, she's got a nearly impenetrable Force barrier (we'll call it that), she drained Dooku, threw Darth Maul, contended with Palpatine, can use Essence Transfer, and I'm pretty sure there's more. So, I'd most definitely say that she's in the running. Didn't we pretty much agree that she's the #3 of her era?

I'd rather keep it Top 10, cause 10 is a nice number. :D

But I do think we should reassess Talzin's powers as well, could be justify her placement on the Sith list?

No, which is why we need a top 20.

10 might be easier, but 20 is much more useful because then we can really compared the Jedi and Sith, as it is now there's really no distinction or comparison between 5-10 of each list, and it could be very useful.

She'll probably get banned like Plagueis did. :(

Well, she's got a nearly impenetrable Force barrier (we'll call it that), she drained Dooku, threw Darth Maul, contended with Palpatine, can use Essence Transfer, and I'm pretty sure there's more. So, I'd most definitely say that she's in the running. Didn't we pretty much agree that she's the #3 of her era?

Well yeh, but shhhh.

Plageuis shouldn't be banned, that's stupid. No offence Beni.

I'd rather keep it Top 10, cause 10 is a nice number. :D

But I do think we should reassess Talzin's powers as well, could be justify her placement on the Sith list?

It's even, so it has that going for it.

I think keeping it at 10 would allow people like Talzin, but since they aren't Jedi or Sith, it wouldn't prevent people who could be top 10 Force users from making it on Jedi and Sith lists.

10 might be easier, but 20 is much more useful because then we can really compared the Jedi and Sith, as it is now there's really no distinction or comparison between 5-10 of each list, and it could be very useful.

I suppose, perhaps we can start with ten and then expand it.

But what I meant is Mother Talzin a Sith? Or maybe we should change it to Light Siders and Dark Siders, I suppose that would reflect the fact that the Jedi and the Sith aren't the be all and end all on the Force.

She makes a good point.

Darn it, I don't know. You two figure it out.

Well yeh, but shhhh.

Plageuis shouldn't be banned, that's stupid. No offence Beni.

Really? I feel as if Plagueis > basically everyone not banned in a fight.

Seriously his feats should allow him to defeat small armies single-handedly.

Edited by Beniboybling

But what I meant is Mother Talzin a Sith? Or maybe we should change it to Light Siders and Dark Siders, I suppose that would reflect the fact that the Jedi and the Sith aren't the be all and end all on the Force.

That would also allow Traya, since there can be some argument as to whether or not she is actually Sith.

Plus, the duelists threads could expand to include Ventress and Sora Bulq.

Yeh, I understand that, but do we ban entities from the list? We should to be honest.