The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling

Which is why I said its inconclusive. That is effectively my point. We have no evidence to suggest that Fay can't perform Vader level feats and we can't use that as a basis for saying to can't.

Noting the fact that she has displayed high levels of TK with relative ease demonstrates it as possible.

always be careful of that word possible. with that logic any one who has shown high levels of TK mastery could theoretically be on Vader's level with it and didnt much opportunity to show it or just chose not to.

While it is true the absences of evidence is not evidence of absence. We can not put a character over another character for something they never did. Example like Fay over who ever for TK feats she never preformed.

If some one has better feats then her in any particular field then we take that at face value, we cant judge her abilities based on what she didnt do, and as I have said multiple times every power is very different each one needs to be judged seperately before being put into the catagory and THEN looked at as a whole.

If we start judgeing people on stuff they DIDN'T do we could be typing for eternity.

12:15- 12:38

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always be careful of that word possible. with that logic any one who has shown high levels of TK mastery could theoretically be on Vader's level with it and didnt much opportunity to show it or just chose not to.

While it is true the absences of evidence is not evidence of absence. We can not put a character over another character for something they never did. Example like Fay over who ever for TK feats she never preformed.

If some one has better feats then her in any particular field then we take that at face value, we cant judge her abilities based on what she didnt do, and as I have said multiple times every power is very different each one needs to be judged seperately before being put into the catagory and THEN looked at as a whole.

If we start judgeing people on stuff they DIDN'T do we could be typing for eternity.

12:15- 12:38
This is exactly the point, as I said to Warren, TK is an inconclusive means of comparing Fay and Vader.

Which is why I'm instead comparing their talents in Force Healing and connection to the Living Force in general, and rejecting the argument that Vader's TK showings and those alone is basis for saying his more powerful than Fay.

EDIT: However such a stance can't be held if it were Fay being as powerful as Vader in TK is impossible, which is why I was explaining that is is possible based on the evidence we actually have, not proven but possible.

Edited by Beniboybling

Anyway I'd really like to move on here. We have several options here:

1. We place Fay in the recommended position.

2. We leave her as she is.

3. We boot her off the list.

So what's it gonna be? I'm open to all three options.

Edited by Beniboybling

This is exactly the point, as I said to Warren, TK is an inconclusive means of comparing Fay and Vader.

Which is why I'm instead comparing their talents in Force Healing and connection to the Living Force in general, and rejecting the argument that Vader's TK showings and those alone is basis for saying his more powerful than Fay.

EDIT: However such a stance can't be held if it were Fay being as powerful as Vader in TK is impossible, which is why I was explaining that is is possible based on the evidence we actually have, not proven but possible.

I know I just want people to remember to focus on what we can judge and not what we cant.... focusing on what we cant just takes to darn long and gets every body no where.

/5char

3... If I'm honest.

I don't know. I think I'll say 3, simply due to lack of information. We have information, but it is limited. I feel that the information on her is too limited to accurately judge her in the face of her competition.

OK, well that's three for 1. and 2 for 3. So I guess we'll go with one.

Anyway, the penultimate article is up, and I'll be posting a lightsaber version of this thread shortly.

EDIT: I also expect that decision to be influenced by the discussion going on on Legends thread.

Edited by Beniboybling

OK, well that's three for 1. and 2 for 3. So I guess we'll go with one.

Anyway, the penultimate article is up, and I'll be posting a lightsaber version of this thread shortly.

EDIT: I also expect that decision to be influenced by the discussion going on on Legends thread.

Can we wait until Tune/Wolf/Warren or others post their thoughts?

But yeh, looking into the next article.

Hmm... next article. I haven't done full research on Mace Windu, but my initial thoughts are this: Meetra > Revan > Mace.

In all honesty, if we choose to take the original Clone Wars series with a heaping of salt, I'd say that Dooku is more powerful than Mace. Granted Dooku doesn't get the recognition he deserves in this field, but that's a discussion for another time.

So, yes, I'll agree to this article until I do some more research.

Note that I'm not asking for a list of who you think the most powerful Jedi are.

I'm in no place to vote on this because I've had little involvement in the discussion, but my thoughts are basically this.

I feel like we're basing our evaluation of Master Fay off of too much of what we THINK. In other words, what we're assuming. There's not really enough information (for me, at least) to make a judgment about how powerful she is because I feel like I'm having to fill in a lot of gaps myself. Just my opinion.

Hmm... next article. I haven't done full research on Mace Windu, but my initial thoughts are this: Meetra > Revan > Mace.

In all honesty, if we choose to take the original Clone Wars series with a heaping of salt, I'd say that Dooku is more powerful than Mace. Granted Dooku doesn't get the recognition he deserves in this field, but that's a discussion for another time.

I think we have to take into account that the original Clone Wars series is considerably exaggerated. That said, his TCW counterpart has impressive showings. In brief:

• Pushes an AT-TE off a cliff.

• Levitates a pair of clonetroopers over a large distance

• Force Pushes a dozen or so battle droids and interestingly, they implode on impact.

• Proceeds to drop a massive door on an AAT, crushing it.

So still fairly impressive. I also I still think he could probably tear droids apart with his hands.

P.S. Dooku is in the final article, recognition incoming. :p

Edited by Beniboybling

I think we have to take into account that the original Clone Wars series is considerably exaggerated. That said, his TCW counterpart has impressive showings. In brief:

• Pushes an AT-TE off a cliff.

• Levitates a pair of clonetroopers over a large distance

• Force Pushes a dozen or so battle droids and interestingly, they implode on impact.

• Proceeds to drop a massive door on an AAT, crushing it.

So still fairly impressive. I also I still think he could probably tear droids apart with his hands.

P.S. Dooku is in the final article, recognition incoming. :p

That third one is interesting. Here's one I've found real quick: Force Throws two large trees like their nothing.

I'll have to do some more research, but maybe I'll reassess my first opinion.

To the PS, Most excellent.

This is interesting because I myself find Dooku more impressive than Mace in both Saber and definitely in use of Force Powers - he just looks more Technically Adept in both Spheres......

• 5 months later...
I think we can afford to have two discussions up at a time, so I'm gonna bump this one. :p

Alright, now that my Plagueis thread has been finished, does anyone think Plagueis could be moved up on anything?

Not particularly, but I'd agree with Article 9 as well as saying we put Kyp Durron above Nomi Sunrider.

Not particularly, but I'd agree with Article 9 as well as saying we put Kyp Durron above Nomi Sunrider.

I'm not entirely sure about putting Meetra above Mace. Revan? Yes, but not sure on Meetra. She seems more of a blademaster than Force user.

And, yes, Kyp Durron most certainly goes above Nomi. I'm pretty sure he manipulated a Dovin Basal like Luke did.

I'm not entirely sure about putting Meetra above Mace. Revan? Yes, but not sure on Meetra. She seems more of a blademaster than Force user.

And, yes, Kyp Durron most certainly goes above Nomi. I'm pretty sure he manipulated a Dovin Basal like Luke did.

Yes, but so was Mace.

In terms of their force displays, I don't know I just see Meetra as better.

Depends if we're including stuff from the original Clone Wars. Otherwise I'll have to do some research.

Well no, otherwise Mace > Sidious > Yoda, and that's ridiculous to be honest.

I can make a comparison I guess, meh.

Edit: TBH they're close either way, the overhype of Nomi and underestimation of Kyp is much more important.

Edited by Selenial

Well no, otherwise Mace > Sidious > Yoda, and that's ridiculous to be honest.

I can make a comparison I guess, meh.

Edit: TBH they're close either way, the overhype of Nomi and underestimation of Kyp is much more important.

I suppose that's true. I suppose we could put Meetra over Mace, but I'm not entirely sure.

Yeah, you're right. I would be in favor of just dropping Nomi from the list, to be honest.