The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post-Jedi characters replaced.

LadyKulvax

just on the Ultimate universe... it was well established BEFORE Disney purchased Marvel. Ultimate universe launched in 2000, Marvel was bought by Disney in 2009. Sure you're point is still reasonably valid, but its not a direct comparison, since we've yet to see what Disney will do to Star Wars. They are seemingly becoming ever-more interfering with Marvel... last year is was Marvel NOW with a whole bunch of new Issue #1s and this year its All-New Marvel NOW with more new Issue #1's some on titles that were reset to Issue #1 last year... These "not-a-reboots-but-we-hope-they're-more-accessible" are alienating fans, and not contributing to higher sales.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that Disney was behind the Ultimates. I just meant that an Ultimate-style situation was what I would personally like to see, (in that both the "new and improved" universe and the classic EU would continue on into the future,) and that happened to be the most straight-forward example I could think of in any fictional universe. I only made a point of mentioning Marvel was a Disney acquisition because it was kind of interesting that it worked out that way - but I see my pronouns got a bit muddled in there.

Even if Disney had been behind the Ultimate imprint, the Marvel brand and Star Wars brand are radically different properties, and it would be a real stretch to think that the approach for one would be taken for the other just because both are owned by Disney.

Don't know anything about Marvel NOW, but I just want to see Marvel2 back (Spidergirl was a freaking awesome series). :p

Edited by DarthDymond