The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars 1-6 (classes of Jedi and Sith)

JediExileRevan

Well hello. I started playing swtor beacuse of the extreme playing well experience I had at the start of the promotion of this game since 2010. But, the other day I was curious and re-watched all the saga of original Star wars, 1 to 6. And I wondered wich advanced class of Jedi and Sith were the original characters of the movies. So I remebered and I came to this (I´m basing on the force powers and lightsaber mastery):

Anakin......... Jedi Sentinel

Obi Wan....... Jedi Guardian

Darth Maul...... Sith Marauder

Count Doku.... Sith Assasin

Master Yoda..... Jedi Sage

Master Windu... Jedi Guardian

Darth Sidious.... Sith Sorcerer

Qui Gon Ginn.... Jedi Shadow

Darth Vader..... Sith Jaggernaut

Luke...... Jedi Guardian

I was very curious about what y'all think so comment if agree or disagree or put your own thoughts on the advanced classes in the original SW ;)

Darth Maul was the archetype for Assassin, Darth Sidious the archetype for Sorceror, Asajj Ventress the archetype for Sith Marauder, Darth Vader the archetype for Juggernaut.

Mace Windu was the archetype for the Jedi Guardian, Anakin Skywalker the archetype for Jedi Sentinel, Qui-Gon Jinn was the archetype for the entire of the Consular class.

Beyond that they only stated Boba Fett was the archetype for the Power-Tech and Jango Fett was the archetype for the Mercenary.

Those are the 'official' BiOWare archetypes.

Darth Maul was the archetype for Assassin, Darth Sidious the archetype for Sorceror, Asajj Ventress the archetype for Sith Marauder, Darth Vader the archetype for Juggernaut.

Mace Windu was the archetype for the Jedi Guardian, Anakin Skywalker the archetype for Jedi Sentinel, Qui-Gon Jinn was the archetype for the entire of the Consular class.

Beyond that they only stated Boba Fett was the archetype for the Power-Tech and Jango Fett was the archetype for the Mercenary.

Those are the 'official' BiOWare archetypes.

You gotta admit though that the smuggler story is VERY Han Solo:

in it for the money and himself at first, but over time is swayed to the Republic's cause, and becomes a hero

Edited by psandak

As far as I know the name Jedi Sentinel and Shadow is misused in this game.

Jedi Sentinel

A Jedi Sentinel was the name given to one of the three distinct branches of Jedi that sought a balance between the other two branches, the Consulars and the Guardians. While they possessed considerable combat skills and had somewhat extensive knowledge of the Force, Sentinels blended both schools of teaching and amplified them with a series of non-Force skills, such as in the fields of security, computers, stealth techniques, demolitions, repair or medicine. These skills tended to take the forefront in their middle-road approach to problems; while a Guardian might bash down a locked door and a Consular simply knock, a Sentinel would instead use equipment available or ingenuity to pick the lock. While the role of the Sentinels within the Jedi Order had remained largely consistent throughout its history, the branch of study was first documented by the Sentinel Jedi Recruiter Morrit Ch'gally in the text, The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force.

Jedi Shadow

Story seems a bit fitting near the end when you go after the children but that is all.

Dubbed Shadows, and mostly made up of elite Jedi Sentinels, these Jedi became what their name suggests; shadows of themselves and the Jedi Order. Working in secrecy, the First Knowledge Council would hand pick the ranks of this task force and send its members to locales strong in the dark side of the Force, in hopes of vanquishing whatever artifact or dark side practitioner that may be causing the disturbance. Often engaged in information-gathering roles, Shadows were always sure to obtain all possible data on their target before making a decisive blow against them. Due to their missions, Jedi Shadows were often noted for being loners with a black-and-white perception of the world around them. This could manifest itself as paranoia, wherein they saw signs of the dark side in everything—including their own comrades. As such, they were often deployed cautiously and only in times after a great conflict. Shadows did not hesitate in their duty and were willing to betray those that they considered evil, but they often practiced restraint as they recognized that their definition of such foes did not always match those of the Council. Some among their rank believed that more aggressive actions were needed in order to destroy the followers of the dark side.

(Scource: Wookieepedia)

Edited by Little_Judas

As far as I know the name Jedi Sentinel and Shadow is misused in this game.

Jedi Sentinel

A Jedi Sentinel was the name given to one of the three distinct branches of Jedi that sought a balance between the other two branches, the Consulars and the Guardians. While they possessed considerable combat skills and had somewhat extensive knowledge of the Force, Sentinels blended both schools of teaching and amplified them with a series of non-Force skills, such as in the fields of security, computers, stealth techniques, demolitions, repair or medicine. These skills tended to take the forefront in their middle-road approach to problems; while a Guardian might bash down a locked door and a Consular simply knock, a Sentinel would instead use equipment available or ingenuity to pick the lock. While the role of the Sentinels within the Jedi Order had remained largely consistent throughout its history, the branch of study was first documented by the Sentinel Jedi Recruiter Morrit Ch'gally in the text, The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force.

Jedi Shadow

Story seems a bit fitting near the end when you go after the children but that is all.

Dubbed Shadows, and mostly made up of elite Jedi Sentinels, these Jedi became what their name suggests; shadows of themselves and the Jedi Order. Working in secrecy, the First Knowledge Council would hand pick the ranks of this task force and send its members to locales strong in the dark side of the Force, in hopes of vanquishing whatever artifact or dark side practitioner that may be causing the disturbance. Often engaged in information-gathering roles, Shadows were always sure to obtain all possible data on their target before making a decisive blow against them. Due to their missions, Jedi Shadows were often noted for being loners with a black-and-white perception of the world around them. This could manifest itself as paranoia, wherein they saw signs of the dark side in everything—including their own comrades. As such, they were often deployed cautiously and only in times after a great conflict. Shadows did not hesitate in their duty and were willing to betray those that they considered evil, but they often practiced restraint as they recognized that their definition of such foes did not always match those of the Council. Some among their rank believed that more aggressive actions were needed in order to destroy the followers of the dark side.

(Scource: Wookieepedia)

Bioware came up with those Archetypes to begin with, so I assume those were the reasons they made the Guardian and Sentinel so different, abilities wise too.

Yoda and Luke Skywalker as well if you ask me.

The only think that appears to have come out of the blue is the Jedi Shadow. I hear this is based on EU characters...