So this really shouldn't happen. Killing Quest Givers.

Blowwtorch

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should not happen on a PVE server. Heck, it shouldn't happen on any server designation.

This is the issue that people keep overlooking. The OP said it was on a PvE server. People tend to play on PvE servers to avoid this kind of thing. For those saying that all opposing faction NPCs should be killable are clearly playing the wrong game.

Why aren't you guys over on EVE Online? That is what hardcore PvP is truly all about.

I think this is normal. And if it isn't, then it should be left unchanged. Maybe more so just on PVP servers so everyone doesn't start whining... but it's been this way in many MMO's that I have played. They could just shorten the respawn timer too if that will help.

as long as they set it so that after the 3rd time in a 24 hour period that npc is killed he respawns as a level 60 elite boss. everytime he is killed he should get tougher. you seem to want a challenge. then again maybe you are just griefing

That doesn't matter it's still activity that is, by your deluded definition, pvp ...

Interesting. I must have been "deluded" by the fact that when I raided an Imp base on Tatooine I was auto-flagged for PvP.

Amazing right? Almost as if raiding an enemy base would be a PvP activity. But since I'm deluded, we all know that didn't actually happen. It only seemed like I was flagged for PvP, but I really wasn't.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Interesting. I must have been "deluded" by the fact that when I raided an Imp base on Tatooine I was auto-flagged for PvP.

Amazing right? Almost as if raiding an enemy base would be a PvP activity. But since I'm deluded, we all know that didn't actually happen. It only seemed like I was flagged for PvP, but I really wasn't.

Thanks for clearing that up!

You're the only one talking about the flagging system. There are other threads about that.

Lamebears defending their cowardly actions of killing quest givers by stating they want to start OWPVP while hiding on a PvE server because they get stomped on the full PvP server they're supposed to be on. And then they wonder why PvPers are the minority red-headed stepchildren of the mmorpg genre.

they could enable a mechanism that auto transfers your character to a pvp server if you kill 3 or more questgivers. thats where you want to be so they should do it for you.

You're the only one talking about the flagging system. There are other threads about that.

Let's try another tack.

See this post of yours:

They should change all npcs to this. We used to do this regularly in WoW at xroads. Kill the quest givers, vendor npcs, flight path npcs, etc. We'd make it so that the region was virtually unplayable for lowbies. What was the result? The best wpvp I've experienced outside of SWG, when players changed back to their mains and/or called for help from max lvl toons.

So you a) made it virtually unplayable for lowbies (which are other players), resulting in b) the best world PvP you experienced outside of SWG.

Then, in response to this post:

Oh, I totally HATED people like that when I played WOW. Especially the ones who did this on PvE servers. :mad:

You said this:

Killing enemy faction npcs is the definition of pve.

So to recap.

The actions you took, which made the area unplayable for other players, and resulted on the best open world PvP you've experienced, was "the very definition of PvE"

Riiiiiight.

Let's try another tack.

See this post of yours:

So you a) made it virtually unplayable for lowbies (which are other players), resulting in b) the best world PvP you experienced outside of SWG.

Then, in response to this post:

You said this:

So to recap.

The actions you took, which made the area unplayable for other players, and resulted on the best open world PvP you've experienced, was "the very definition of PvE"

Riiiiiight.

/facepalm

No matter how you try to swing it, attacking a npc is pve.

It's fine if you're against the ability to attack quest giving npcs. I may disagree with you, but I get that you don't like it. However, trying to justify your point by stating pve is pvp is dumb.

/facepalm

No matter how you try to swing it, attacking a npc is pve.

It's fine if you're against the ability to attack quest giving npcs. I may disagree with you, but I get that you don't like it. However, trying to justify your point by stating pve is pvp is dumb.

You're reading this completely the wrong way. I don't care if you do it. If it makes you happy, feel free.

But don't hide behind "its only PvE". Be honest. Own what you're doing. You're trying to interrupt other players, inconvenience them, and force some open world PvP.

Edited by Khevar