Confused about what mods to use

SlayerJones

So currently I'm geared out in all orange with lvl 41 mods from planetary comms. Im half way to lvl 48 and i decided to get some new gear mods because i was dieing too easily. So when i go to look at the mods available, none of them have strength greater than +30, and my lvl 41 mods already have +30 strength, until you get to the lvl 49 mods. I did notice that i get significantly more power with the lvl 47 mods. So my question is, should i tough it out and wait until lvl 49 or 50 and spend my comms on the better gear that has like +40 strength mods, or should i get the mods with the added power, bu then i wont have nearly enough comms when i get to 49 or 50 to buy the better strength mods.

Mods have different descriptors as part of their titles. For instance, there are Deft and Potent mods. The Deft means in addition to Strength and Endurance the mod will also have Power. Potent on the other hand will have Strength, Endurance and Crit. Next, mods can also have a letter after their number such as A or B. Thus, there are three types of a Deft mod - unlettered, A and B. Each of these varieties prioritizes a specific stat over the others.

For instance, Advanced Deft Mod 31A will have high Strength (+84), medium Endurance (+57) and low Power (+32). The unlettered version will still have higher Strength (+69), but its Power is much greater (+57) and the Endurance is minimized (+52). The stat budget or allocation of points to each attribute will always be best on the unlettered mods.

While you are leveling, you will have easy access to A-type mods more often than unlettered. So specifically, the phenomenon you are seeing is the transition to these level favorable A-type mods.

Does this all make sense?

Anyway, to your specific point look at the total stat budget. And, if you are dying to easily make sure your companion's gear is up-to-date to.

Edited by oofalong

Mods have different descriptors as part of their titles. For instance, there are Deft and Potent mods. The Deft means in addition to Strength and Endurance the mod will also have Power. Potent on the other hand will have Strength, Endurance and Crit. Next, mods can also have a letter after their number such as A or B. Thus, there are three types of a Deft mod - unlettered, A and B. Each of these varieties prioritizes a specific stat over the others.

For instance, Advanced Deft Mod 31A will have high Strength (+84), medium Endurance (+57) and low Power (+32). The unlettered version will still have higher Strength (+69), but its Power is much greater (+57) and the Endurance is minimized (+52). The stat budget or allocation of points to each attribute will always be best on the unlettered mods.

While you are leveling, you will have easy access to A-type mods more often than unlettered. So specifically, the phenomenon you are seeing is the transition to these level favorable A-type mods.

Does this all make sense?

Anyway, to your specific point look at the total stat budget. And, if you are dying to easily make sure your companion's gear is up-to-date to.

Yeah i understand they offer better benefits, but my question is, should i go for the added power mods with the same amount of strength. or is strength more important and i should wait until lvl 49 and get the added strength mods.