The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Crew skill app!

OHyeahhhh

you know what would be extremely cool Bioware!!!!!!!!?

The title to this thread says it all! don't know if it would be possible in any way. I thought of it, and I'm sure i am not probably the only one that has ever thought of this. I think it would be a killer thing to have an app where you can send your companions on crew skill missions. and while you are at that, if ever, also been able to access the inventory from your phone annnnnnnd put your crafting materials in the GTN!!

anyways, if anyone in the community has any thoughts about this; It would be nice to get some feed back.

you may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one. haha! cool beans! ;)

This has been asked for since before launch.

My take is this:

This is an example of what would be great for a individual is terrible for the community...

One of the factors that gives materials and crafted items value is that there are only so many hours in a day that the typical player can send companions out on crew skills. If an app is developed, and it is free to use then everyone will download it and use it. This means a flood of materials and crafted goods; increased supply and decreased demand will radically alter that value. You may not care about that factor, but a LOT of players do.

The only way an app like this would work is if a recurring fee was attached to it; something along the lines of 1CC per use (that's per companion one sends on a mission using the app; so one character with five companions it would cost 5CCs). This would deter most from using it at all, and would deter those who do use it from over using/abusing it.

Rough math: I figure a subscriber with a security key could blow through his/her complimentary CCs in under a week if one were to use it constantly.