The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make Super Rare Super Rare

Journeyer

Hi Bioware. As a customer--one who has bought at least one hypercrate for every type of pack so far, I have a request.

Please reconsider your sense of rarity with these packs. Consider the latest pack: 2/3rds of the items are labelled "SUPER RARE." So....the majority of items are super rare? In the grand scheme of "rareness," how does that figure? Esentially, it seems to mean that we look at all the neat things in the packs, and when we open one, what we get are companion gifts, a handful of crafting materials, 5 copies of the same emote... in short, there's almost no spread of prizes. Everything is either "rare" (you copies of the rare ones almost every pack) or "super rare (lucky if you get one).

I *think* -- players, back me up here -- that we'd prefer a wider mix. Have a smaller number of "super rare" items that are truly ungettable, and a variety of rares and semi-rares. Also, please list companion gifts and materials as common, to give a better sense of what's actually in the packs.

But yea, main point: More variety in drop rates, please! Make some actual super-rares! And make the rares...not so common that I can't drop them for 5k.

More like "Ultra Rare" like the Pure White Crystals from the Shipment 1 packs! Even though the Shipment 2 White/Black Crystals were labeled as "Ultra Rare" it didn't seem like it, as there were a lot flooding the GTN. In the latest pack the "Dogfighter's", I think that the Korrealis Duke SE and the Kalakar Simulator mounts should have been "Ultra Rare" instead of seeing 4 pages on the GTN!