Guardian Vigilance DPS Suggestion

Czyirkz

Hey guys!

So as you know, 2.6 is planning on removing some of the RNG from the Vigilance tree boosting our DPS a little bit, but we're still a little behind, so I had a few possible suggestions to even everything out.

1. Give us something like "Hold Your Ground" in the Lethality/Dirty Fighting tree for Slingers/Snipers, reducing the cooldown of Resolute by 15/30 seconds. Constantly being pushed by people, slowed, rooted and what not is an extreme disadvantage, especially in PvP, so why should a class with the max range gain a benefit like this while those of us who really NEED it are left in the dust?

2. Combine talents. Our tree is extremely bloated and has a few similar abilities that can be combined to reduce the total # of talents. Burning Purpose/Burning Blade, Accuracy/Single Saber Mastery could be combined (Technique mastery/Charge Mastery for Shadow/Sins increases form/accuracy in the same talent), Unremitting/Stagger could be combined because they are both Force Leap related / it helps for when people just walk away when we're channeling MS

3. Increase the duration of the burn caused by Overhead Slash and Blade Storm by 3 seconds, (Without diminishing it's damage), so our DoT's do a little more and we can have a longer and potentially 100% uptime.

4. Change "Narrowed Focus" into something more beneficial, as it isn't recommended by any guides as an ideal talent. If you made it something that "increased the critical strike damage of your burning effects and Overhead Smash/Blade Storm/Plasma Brand/Master Strike (Any of those 4 + burning) then you'd see another bump in our DPS.)

I don't feel that this would be overpowered considering our situation, but I think not only does it increase our overall damage, it helps with mobility which is something we're severely lacking in.

People will argue, "Force Leap -> Force Push -> Force Leap -> Guardian Leap" is already unfair so our mobility is just fine, but it requires much more effort, coordination, and luck to do then the Scoundrel's Scamper, a Consulars Force Speed, or a Troopers "Hold The Line". not to mention that unlike the other 3 classes, Knight/Warrior HAS to be melee, so while a Gunslinger/Merc/Sorc don't need to worry about being slowed or rooted, on top of the range they have multiple abilities increasing their mobility, which though I'm sure it helps them and isn't "a waste," it just doesn't make sense why we would lack one. Maybe make "Saber Ward" act similar to "Hold The Line," or give us some sort of cleanse so that when we get slowed we can recover.

I'm not suggesting that we nerf the other classes by any means. I think nerfing a class is rarely necessary, but sometimes we just need to buff the others. My brother's main character is a Merc and he is constantly using Hydraulic Override (Hold the line) so I know that it isn't useless. My main is a sniper and I frequently use "Covered Escape" (Hightail it) and understand that it has many benefits, but I just don't understand why the other classes gain more in the "immune to immobilizing effects" abilities while the only one we get is Unremitting, but that's only Vigilance specific.

Anyways, I know that many, if not all of these, won't take effect, I just wanted to throw my ideas out there.

Edited by Czyirkz
typo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.