I have to ask why is this still an existing problem?

Badovinatz

I am currently having an issue with a class mission. Let me say that again, a class mission. I reiterate because it is unbelievable. It is not only unbelievable due to the fact that it is a class mission, but also, because it is and HAS been an issue for such a long time.

The issue is A Thousand Pardons, which is the class mission on Belsavis when you are getting Skadge as your companion. When you confront the enemy, i have forgotten his name, and you beat him, if you kill him, it bugs out the mission and you WILL not be able to enter the next area to complete the mission. I have reset the mission and tried a totally different choice, and still not able to complete it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=187796

That is from Jan 17, 2012. 2 years and 1 day ago. HOW IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE? Sometimes, the best expansion that can be planned, the best updated item that could be added to the game or the best change that can be made to the game is simply fixing issues, errors and mistakes. If enough of them get fixed, it is more impressive than any flashy new content that is likely as bugged and broken as the old content. I am not only angry about this because I am having this particular issue, I'm angry because it is a 2 year old issue and it still exists for me to have this problem. Now I, and anyone else who tries to complete the bounty hunter class mission line and just happens to have an issue will have to wait for a week or more waiting for an in-game ticket to be addressed just to continue playing the story line. The story line in this game is the biggest draw to this game, and to think that even one of the highlights in this game is broken and HAS been broken for 2 years, it's shameful. :mad:

Edited by Badovinatz

The issue is A Thousand Pardons, which is the class mission on Belsavis when you are getting Skadge as your companion. When you confront the enemy, i have forgotten his name, and you beat him, if you kill him, it bugs out the mission and you WILL not be able to enter the next area to complete the mission. I have reset the mission and tried a totally different choice, and still not able to complete it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=187796

That is from Jan 17, 2012. 2 years and 1 day ago. HOW IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE?

Because it's not an issue for everyone. I've got two bounty hunters and never had a problem.

Send in a ticket, but there's no need to rage about it.

It is a known issue, and it has been for 2 years. Now for a game which the toys cost usually $20+ and hypercrates cost nearly $60 each along with ~$17 subscriptions, yes, I think there is plenty of reason to rage. I guarantee you have raged at a store employee for less, like someone dropped your patty and put it back on the bun, accidentally gave you a $1bill instead of a $10 bill. When they charge so much money for things and you find bugs, especially one that halts the core game play, it's time they start fixing their stuff. It's not the issue alone, it's the time it has been a known issue. Now, i understand if YOU don't mind paying them so much money to beta test their game for the 3rd year, but when i myself fork over ~$200+ a month on an MMO to try to do my part to help fund this little project of ours, I don't like seeing signs of laziness, incompetence or indifference. I'd like to see some pride in the work, and to see a known issue of 2 years as a known reference date, I see one or all three of the things i don't like to see. This game is an investment, for themselves and us subscribers and purchasers of services, and a FAR more expensive investment than most other games. Issues like this should be dealt with swiftly, before more people have to deal with a bug report ticket which is an ENTIRELY different issue when it comes to prompt service. So I'm going to be angry. They need to start fixing the problems in the game before they add new problems to the pile. Cropping issues, collision issues, multiple issues in flashpoint cut scenes where people D/C, abilities that sometimes FAIL to work properly, and now a broken story line mission. The two that a person would think would be Top priority is the things that are game breakers for individuals. It does NOT have to be an every time basis,

Have you tried changing to a different companion? I know that fixed a few buggy class quests for me.

I have tried that, I was still not allowed in the instance. The instance barrier just remains red and blocks entry. As i said before, i also tried resetting the mission, and i did it all over again choosing completely different options with no success.

6 days later and no real response from either in-game tickets. I give it a few more days and I am going to start taking my business somewhere else I'm sure Blizzard would love to have me back, or maybe I'll try rift. It is unacceptable BioWare. I don't know how your company EVER got off the ground managed like this. It is like NOBODY works in your offices. I have sit 6 days on a broken class mission and nothing more than a computer generated response that didn't inform me of anything. Take some pointers from Blizzard at least in the problem solving arena. If a mission breaks in WoW, you'll get a response in 10 minutes usually including the fix. The way it is now in this game, it's pathetic. Edited by Badovinatz