Str or Power augments for endgame raiding?

thatPERSON

i was just curious about which augment people use and why? I've been searching the forums for this but the only thing i found was KBN's guide. i dont doubt his knowledge but i dont wanna go off of just one opinion.

so if strength or power better?

edit: i mainly run combat

Edited by thatPERSON

I'm not really raiding, but I use Might Augs. The strength doesn't convert to raw damage quite as well as power, but strength does a little bit more than give raw damage (slightly increased crit chance). Also, power doesn't appear to benefit from class buffs where strength does, so more becomes much more.

What I would suggest is checking the 2.4+ DPS Leaderboard, going to the Sentinel/Marauader section, and looking up the AMR profiles for the top Combat DPSers in the game, and using what they use. It helps a ton, seeing as you have proof that that "build" works (since they're in the top leaderboards).

But generally, I use power augs for Combat and I use might augs for Watchman, since you get more primary damage with power, and Combat has slightly less use for crit than Watchman does (Blade Storm should be 100% crit anyways).

i prefer str augments.. the extra 1-2% percentage increase to crit chance is good especially if like me you run 1-2 crit mods (this is basically preferences). While crit rating does have a big DR a couple of pieces in current gear really doesn't harm anything even in combat..

As combat you can argue the biggest hitting blade storm thing.. but if your master strikes, dispatches and dual saber throw get the odd crit from the extra 2-3% you won't be complaining :p

Edited by AngusFTW