gear tips needed

AndreGPSantos

Hey everyone, I'm just a casual player and this is the only MMOG that I ever played, so I have some questions about gearing.

I'm currently level 34 and don't know if my gear is any good, I just use the best from what I gather in missions, including heroics and flashpoints.

at this point what would be considered good gear? where else can I get it? (tried republic fleet but everything was geryed out)

Where do I get companion specific gear? I often have selected the boxes as the mission rewards, should I have selected companion gear instead?

Any tips would be welcome.

Edited by AndreGPSantos

Focus on whatever gives you the most strength. IF you're worried about keeping a companion up to date on gear, get the comp gear rewards for whichever comp you're running and not the boxes.

Best thing to do is, if you can afford it, get a full set of orange, moddable gear and then spend your Planetary Commendations to upgrade every few levels. Might Hilts and Might Armorings are going to be the key pieces you need, then whatever mods have a good amount of strength and enhancements with power or crit.

Supplies area of the fleet has modification and equipment commendation vendors where you can use planetary comms to upgrade your gear. I strongly recommend working to get orange modable boots, gloves, legs, chest and helm. You can always look on the trader if you cannot get them from drops or through planetary comms.