PVPers in Non-PvP area

RPetrelli

Why dont you just run away? You have a 10 second head start when u respawn. If you are doing dailies just slip into the next area during that time. Or you could change instances. Or you could go to the fleet and buy/sell/upgrade some stuff for 5 min.

It is if he's playing on a PvE server and the attacker is using an exploit to force his PvP flag to turn on.

I've never understood the supposed "fun" in fighting targets that are clearly incapable or uninterested in fighting back. Maybe you'd care to explain? Do you gain valor or something for ganking players in OWPvP?

There is a war going on soldier. Satele Shan would bust my bowls if I didnt gun down every sith in sight :D

This is probably my biggest grief with this game.

It sickens me people who think it's okay to do this and others who think it's fine and "just fun" when you're not on a PvP server or expect you to waste your possibly limited play time to get the flag to drop at med-center (not everyone plays the game all the time and has time to spare like that). Even if they don't suceed at making me flag it is still harassment because generally they will follow you around trying to get you to accidentally aoe flag them or click them -- I've had ones walk in front of clickies for quests.

People who do this and think it's fine need to grow up and learn the definition of harassment.

I agree with what others said, do what you're doing saying you're not interested and if they keep harassing you report them that's all we can do, that and lodge complaints with Bioware like this post to fix exploits that allow people to flag us when we do not want to flag.

I personally don't understand why they can't provide a perma-disable PvP open world option that makes it so we cannot attack or heal other players who are PvP flagged period. I would set that and never take it off if they added it.

This is probably my biggest grief with this game.

It sickens me people who think it's okay to do this and others who think it's fine and "just fun" when you're not on a PvP server or expect you to waste your possibly limited play time to get the flag to drop at med-center (not everyone plays the game all the time and has time to spare like that). Even if they don't suceed at making me flag it is still harassment because generally they will follow you around trying to get you to accidentally aoe flag them or click them -- I've had ones walk in front of clickies for quests.

People who do this and think it's fine need to grow up and learn the definition of harassment.

I agree with what others said, do what you're doing saying you're not interested and if they keep harassing you report them that's all we can do, that and lodge complaints with Bioware like this post to fix exploits that allow people to flag us when we do not want to flag.

I personally don't understand why they can't provide a perma-disable PvP open world option that makes it so we cannot attack or heal other players who are PvP flagged period. I would set that and never take it off if they added it.

CAREBEAR ALERT!

just kidding :D

You are right, the entire point of having PVE flagged servers is for people who do not wish to engage in random PVP; they should have very easy methods to never get flagged by accident.

Quite frankly even on PVP servers harassment is not allowed; ganking and occasionally dieing to open world pvp is part of life on a PVP server, but even there they aren't supposed to follow you around and camp you, preventing you from playing.

On PVE even accidental PVP flags and open world ganking of any kind should not really exist let alone be allowed at harassment levels

---

On a side note: I used to only play PVE servers in MMOs in the past. What I found is that the levels of actual harrassment were higher on PVE servers; the jerks who truly want to be jerks and play to annoy people will have the most fun finding ways to annoy people who dont even want to PVP.

By contrast in the years since I've switched to PVP I've found I almost never get harrassed; I might die occasionally but the attackers can't risk just sitting there ganking you repeatedly because it's too easy for you to find backup that will come and kill them. When quite litterally everyone in your faction is willing to come back you up if you are being harrassed, it actually makes the server far more civilized.

Getting ganked and harrassed on a PVE server? I could never find anyone to help me, it was always just "well report it" and nothing would get done. On a PVP server getting harrassed? /guildchat hey I need help = /flashmob of protection to back you up

I don't like being harrassed any more than anyone else does; but on a PVP server if you start treating the enemy like you would any other npc that is capable of killing you (and avoiding the ones you cant beat); than you wont typically have any problems and when you do you will have a far easier time finding PVP players to come back you up and prevent it from continuing

On top of that it's improved my PVP skills tremendously over the years.

This would probably sort it, make it an option in preferences to deactivate Open world PVP, that way people can always turn it on if they change their mind.

This would be my favored solution as well. It could even prevent you from entering a PvP area by accident with a wall of solid air and perhaps a prompt saying "This is a PvP area. Do you want to enable your PvP flag?"

Q: If you were to gear fully for Expertise, would you still have enough power to complete your dailies with relative ease ...

I actually think that pvp gear makes excellent starter pve gear. It's much easier and more enjoyable to get than grinding pve dailies. A basic gear chest piece, for example, will cost about 150 basic comms, which could take days or weeks of grinding to acquire. A conqueror chest piece costs around 1400 warzone comms (off the top of my head), which you can get from a handful of matches + daily, all in all, maybe 4-5 hours of play. On a good day, I probably average about 300 comms per hour. On a bad day, maybe 150-200. The point is, conqueror pvp gear is way easier to get than basic gear.

All three of my 55s started off by getting 58 makeb mods, then slowly replacing those with pvp gear (63, 65, 67), all the while stockpiling basic comms from running pve dailies. I haven't tried any oricon stuff yet, but makeb, belsavis section x, ilum, etc. are a piece of cake in pvp gear. Lvl 50 HM flashpoints are cake. I haven't tried 55.

Most people on Begeren (which is where I play) don't seem to understand that you flag for PVP if you heal/buff/raise someone who is flagged.

The server is kind of a giant carebear pit of people who have complained on the fleet about how Imperials following you around and going /laugh should be a bannable offense, let alone actual open world PVP.

I have never had issues doing dailies on any of my characters, Republic or Empire, and especially never with anyone griefing me into flagging. When I see someone else on the enemy side flagged for PVP I do attack them though, because it's fun! I don't assume 'oh it's some idiot who doesn't know not to heal flagged people'.