Premade Play is an Entirely Different Game than Pug Play

HuaRya

VoIP isn't a prerequisite, sticking to the plan made at the beginning few seconds of the match is what matters most... example: if people agree to take and hold A & B, why in the name of whatever deity would i be seeing someone call for help at C in the first 2 minutes, they deviated from the plan... if that happens, we've already lost, that's just how it is, stick to the plan and win, or be a Cowboy and cost your team the victory by spreading the team too thin so you can get to the top of the Kill Count board in a Domination Match... Edited by Elly_Dawn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VoIP isn't a prerequisite, sticking to the plan made at the beginning few seconds of the match is what matters most... example: if people agree to take and hold A & B, why in the name of whatever deity would i be seeing someone call for help at C in the first 2 minutes, they deviated from the plan... if that happens, we've already lost, that's just how it is, stick to the plan and win, or be a Cowboy and cost your team the victory by spreading the team too thin so you can get to the top of the Kill Count board in a Domination Match...

True, but I'm not going to type in the middle of pegging scouts. If I want my team to efficiently move, I'll have a premade with guildies or friends and have them hop in my vent server. Faster, more effective, and better at responding to change quickly without losing attention of killing / objective gathering. Calling for backup when getting hit by 2 fighters is only possible with either a lot of manuevering to get those 2-3 seconds to type HELP @ (where ever you are) when it takes me no manuvering or time to say what I'm doing because it's happening simultaneously. If I have a couple ships locking on me, typing is out the question (and that's WITH distortion field and BR)

VoIP isn't a prerequisite, sticking to the plan made at the beginning few seconds of the match is what matters most... example: if people agree to take and hold A & B, why in the name of whatever deity would i be seeing someone call for help at C in the first 2 minutes, they deviated from the plan... if that happens, we've already lost, that's just how it is, stick to the plan and win, or be a Cowboy and cost your team the victory by spreading the team too thin so you can get to the top of the Kill Count board in a Domination Match...

If you get stuck into the rut of "just hold these two to win" strategies", you'll start losing a lot. You are giving the enemy a freebie, which can be capped with one ship.

What if you lose at either A or B? According to your strategy, you lose the game. This is not ground PvP. It is too easy to speed boost from A/C to B (or vice versa) in a very short amount of time to make a difference.

I see the same effect from defenders that refuse to peel off the one sat and help capture a second one. Note to the general population: if you fall behind early in points, you need to capture a second one before the enemy gets to 500. If you cannot capture a second by 500, you need to capture all 3 before the end of the match. You sitting there makes the rest of your team fight in a numerical disadvantage while attacking. This never bodes well. Now don't get me wrong, there is a place for defending, especially early. But if you have had nobody attack your satellite and you have the 2 minute medal for defense... might be time to switch to attack if you have only one satellite. Be prepared to use your speed to boost back to your defensive position if you see it lose a turret!