Beastmaster of Ilum vanished from achievements

Stoofa

In case anyone is interested. 2 of the 3 Ilum beast entries are:

Kath Hound - This can be found on Alderaan. Easiest way is with an Imp character, pop along to House Alde and attach the hounds that are guarding. This will ping the codex.

Bogwing - Travel to Belsavis. Again easiest with an Imp. Pop out of the starting base and attack the first yellow Bogwing you see and this will ping the Codex.

Cannot remember the third one from Ilum.

Anyway, I collected the two listed above yesterday which pinged "Ilum Beastmaster" (even though that is now a missing entry) and also pinged my "Galactic Beastmaster" achievement.

Yeah this is an annoying change. They removed the bugged achievement, but the larger achievement still requires it. Luckily, even though the achievement is no longer, you can still get it for the over all one. Just go kill a Kath Hound on Alderaan, Bogwing on Belsavis, and you should've already killed an Asharl Panther on Ilum during Relics of the Gree.

Yeah this is an annoying change. They removed the bugged achievement, but the larger achievement still requires it. Luckily, even though the achievement is no longer, you can still get it for the over all one. Just go kill a Kath Hound on Alderaan, Bogwing on Belsavis, and you should've already killed an Asharl Panther on Ilum during Relics of the Gree.

Yes, it's really silly and this kind of thing annoys me, because it makes it seem as if the devs don't know their own game.

Devs: either restore the Ilum Beastmaster under Ilum, or remove it from the meta achievement Galactic Beastmaster.

Honestly, as Ilum Beastmaster was NEVER achievable until 2.5.2, to modify it so that Kath Hounds on Alderaan counted, and at the same time remove the achievement seems ludicrous. Why change the Kath Hounds if you were going to remove the achievement? And why remove the achievement if you weren't going to remove it from the meta, so that everyone from now will have no idea how to get Galactic Beastmaster?

Not only has this been broken from the launch of achievements, they've now actually managed to make it better and worse at the same time.

OP, as in the quoted text, those are the three you are after. Which is now impossible to find in-game. :eek:

The weird thing I find about it, is you are given credit for earning the achievement. I got the 10 points and it showed me completing it then the meta achievement. Problem is it disappeared from the grand totals of exploration on the Ilum category. I've searched all the other categorys and it's not listed there either and the exploration achievement is correct with it missing as 70/70 but the general shows you need Ilum to get the meta. I could see the reason for it to be removed because 2 of the beasts are on other planets and 1 is only available durning the live event. But if your going to remove it from one then it needs to be removed fro mthe other. Personally I think it is just a glitch that will be re-added durning a future patch.

In case anyone is interested. 2 of the 3 Ilum beast entries are:

Kath Hound - This can be found on Alderaan. Easiest way is with an Imp character, pop along to House Alde and attach the hounds that are guarding. This will ping the codex.

Bogwing - Travel to Belsavis. Again easiest with an Imp. Pop out of the starting base and attack the first yellow Bogwing you see and this will ping the Codex.

Cannot remember the third one from Ilum.

Anyway, I collected the two listed above yesterday which pinged "Ilum Beastmaster" (even though that is now a missing entry) and also pinged my "Galactic Beastmaster" achievement.

I did indeed get the Kath Hound, much to my astonishment, on Alderaan on Friday, but when I looked in the achievements tab, I could not find it.

The third one from Ilum was Asharl Panther, of which there are several pairs in the northern part of the Western Ice Shelf (only during the Gree event).

Edited by Ancaglon