The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Faction Appearance Change for gear

Blowwtorch

There are some republic exclusive items I'd love to have on my empire characters, and vice versa. It'd be cool if they could make a kit or something that maybe works like an item modification, or is just a click and drag or something, but once used on an item, it changes that item to look like it does on the opposite faction's side. That way if there's a belt or gloves or helmet or chestpiece that you think would look great on your opposite faction character, but changes to something weird when you mail it across, you wouldn't need to worry.

It would definitely help for companions as well. You could finally make Akaavi Spar look like a bounty hunter, or Lieutenant Pierce look like a trooper, or Gault look like a smuggler. And I could make my bounty hunter wear the trooper's version of War Hero gear :)

Edited by Blowwtorch

You know. Thats the best part about the cartel market? That gear doesn't faction swap.

With Cassus fett armor, my Akavi looks like a bounty hunter, being a C.E. owner, my Peirce already looked like a trooper. Gus Tano? Padawan robes. Lightside Jasea? Recovered Hero Armor.

Trooper version of war hero? makeb moddable crafted gear gloves heavy armor is the war hero trooper gloves. You can get the helmet in the rep vendor for oricron.

Instead of a faction swap, just suggest the specific peices you want to see, even off changes. Like. NO TUBE ATTACHMENTS. etc.

Edited by Magnusheart

Yes, but what about every other piece of gear that DOESN' T faction swap? There's not a single cartel market piece that I like enough to use, but there are plenty of single pieces here and there of republic and imperial gear that I'd love to use in the opposite faction, that aren't available anywhere else.

Also, the Trooper War Hero piece I want is the chest.