The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dog fighter packs full of old junk

Kuniyosh

When I first looked at the Dog fighter packs I laughed and then I felt let down. I, like many others, have fulled this game from the beginning with cartel purchases and I have enjoyed them. Over the last few additions the gear has been boring and bland. The guns have been AWFUL, the light sabers just plain and uninteresting etc.

It seam that the wow factor of the gear and items has left and this pack has just shown that the designers are so lacking in ideas that they take old gear, change it a bit and put it in a new pack. Thana's gear anyone? Slightly sexier for the female characters but really... ITS THE SAME GEAR! The speeders are just ugly and the other nondescript gear is vendor trash, if you could vendor it. Oh that blaster rifle.... a shotgun? Really? Thats the best you can come up with?

Really Bio.... go back to the drawing board and give us something new, something that actually looks like you didn't mod and old gear graphic or draw a gun on the side of a rice crispy box yesterday morning. You have lost your originality and you desire to do anything new and cool. Look at some old military weapons and even some medieval armor and get some ideas for goodness sake. Sit you staff down in a room and make it a game. "Design a Gun day Monday" or "Design a Light saber Saturday pub crawl" or "design a new armor set and the best one gets a day off." Give your team some incentive do do something new.

When I first looked at the Dog fighter packs I laughed and then I felt let down. I, like many others, have fulled this game from the beginning with cartel purchases and I have enjoyed them. Over the last few additions the gear has been boring and bland. The guns have been AWFUL, the light sabers just plain and uninteresting etc.

It seam that the wow factor of the gear and items has left and this pack has just shown that the designers are so lacking in ideas that they take old gear, change it a bit and put it in a new pack. Thana's gear anyone? Slightly sexier for the female characters but really... ITS THE SAME GEAR! The speeders are just ugly and the other nondescript gear is vendor trash, if you could vendor it. Oh that blaster rifle.... a shotgun? Really? Thats the best you can come up with?

Really Bio.... go back to the drawing board and give us something new, something that actually looks like you didn't mod and old gear graphic or draw a gun on the side of a rice crispy box yesterday morning. You have lost your originality and you desire to do anything new and cool. Look at some old military weapons and even some medieval armor and get some ideas for goodness sake. Sit you staff down in a room and make it a game. "Design a Gun day Monday" or "Design a Light saber Saturday pub crawl" or "design a new armor set and the best one gets a day off." Give your team some incentive do do something new.

100% agree the Legend mount is SO SO awful I mean it would cost people 100's euros to open the packs to get the rep and for what? .....

Just because you don't want a shotgun to fight zombies - I mean, rakghouls - with, does not mean that everyone else agrees with you. I am still working on the perfect zombie - I mean, rakghoul - hunting outfit, but that shotgun has made it a lot easier.

Dramatic outfit: Thana Vesh with open front

Frenzied outfit: Imperial marauder outfit modified slightly

A new cyborg armor - that looks nowhere as neat as the previous cybernetic outfit

A smuggler outfit - so bland, I'm surprised it's not a trash mob drop, but an actual hypercrate product

Polar exploration - a version already on sale in Cartel market

Mountain exploration/badland - again, an armor so bland, it's questionnable why it's in the packs. No one is likely to wear it, just as no one wears most of the trash package outfit released previously. That there's two variant, basically recolors of each others, only add to the insult.

Triumvirate armor: I'm not even sure why it's here. Don't we already have this thing in previous package?

Daragon armor sets: ultimately, it's the only two sets that are actually unique AND worthwhile of the whole package.

-Mounts

Of the new mount, two are simple recolor of previous models - the Korrealis, which was for no reasons whatsoever removed, and the Meirm. But that's alright because, unlike armor, we can't just dye a mount.

Of the new one though, the Irakie Renegade - seemingly built on an Adno chassis, would of looked SO GOOD if the front blades were longer. Right now it just looks hilarious, with a hugely detailed and beautiful rear, and thin air coupled with two kitchen knives in front.

New weapons are -okay-. Nothing too special, rather austere looking, but variety is always welcomed.

We could use some pets that aren't miniatures of every single vehicle in game...

I think it's gotten a little pathetic we are at making miniatures of -mounts- of all things.

I have to agree, it almost seems like the developers or bioware don't want to have to deal with anybody crying about canon and that crap so they just polish repaint same old stuff and pawn it off as new. PLEASE DEVELOPERS live a little! All the Star Wars stuff was made by peoples imagination, develop your own stuff and keep developing NEW stuff. This is all fantasy so its not like you can't invent something completely new and say it was during this time. that's best thing about fantasy is that no one can argue on what was around back then (or now incase of Old Republic) SINCE IT NEVER REALLY HAPENED!

There are a lot of things in the suggestion area and cartel market threads to give you guys new stuff to enter in the mmo world take a fricking chance! NOT only that there are so many comic books about ancient Star Wars use some of that stuff! Because I'll tell you what the people that pay the subscription fees and buy the cartel market items are eventually going to stop and we are all going to drift to other places. So in short grab your back bone, dust off your balls and come up with some new and exciting stuff. Stuff that actually looks cool too, cause some of the mounts and outfits you design I've got to wonder what the hell that idiot was thinking

Edited by rynlath

Mountain exploration/badland - again, an armor so bland, it's questionnable why it's in the packs. No one is likely to wear it, just as no one wears most of the trash package outfit released previously. That there's two variant, basically recolors of each others, only add to the insult.

Triumvirate armor: I'm not even sure why it's here. Don't we already have this thing in previous package?

Daragon armor sets: ultimately, it's the only two sets that are actually unique AND worthwhile of the whole package.

This part of your post makes me happy. Because I will be wearing the Mountain/Badland exploration sets and I love the new Triumvirate armor, but I really don't care for the Daragon sets (too Egyptian for me; but I liked Ulic's set, go figure). So I'll be getting all the Mountain/Badland and Triumvirate sets that no one wants, and you guys can have the Daragon sets I don't want. ;)

Speak for yourself, I actually rather like most everything in the pack.

This is the point.

BW are not designing packs for the OP. They are designing them for everybody. Your junk is someone else's treasure.

I look around fleet and I see people all the time in outfits that I think are incredibly ugly and would never put any of my toon's in. It's just different tastes and the point is to have things for everyone.

tl;dr Don't like, don't buy. It's super simple.