Ord Mantell - Buggy Gameplay Overall

MasterAtin

I just started a new character on Ord Mantell and in the first 10 minutes or so, I had no issues. However, almost immediately following that, I started getting high-latency like symptoms. Such as certain abilities not activating, enemy NPCs not reacting, and the inability to interact with objects/ friendly NPCs. I asked on general chat regarding the issue and several other players also reported having similar issues. It wasn't server wide since other players checked out the other beginner planets, so as of right now, Ord Mantell seems to be the only location. The 'lag spikes' if you will, last about 45 seconds to a minute and then recede for about a minute before coming back. Odd thing though is that Chat works perfectly fine during the 'spikes.' Another player had mentioned that similar issues were happening the previous night at the same time (1/10/14) [month, day, year].

I was told (several months ago) that similar symptoms show up when Bioware is doing 'background patching' therefore causing increased server latency. But I'm no expert and I should get some professional opinions first before making a conclusion for myself.