Can't activate space combat abilities from the number row?

LordHartigan

I know this is the starfighter forum, but seemed most appropriate, anywho, I can no longer seem to activate my abilities from the number row (not number pad) in space combat missions. I have looked for keybindings specifically for these but no luck. It is very awkward to use one's left hand to reach over to the number pad to activate these abilities. Edited by LordHartigan

I think he's talking about the on rails PvE game. So no you do not have the right forum.

but like the man said look in key bindings section of preferences.

The problem is that it flat out doesn't exist. To the best of my knowledge, there is no keybind section for space missions unless it is buried somewhere weirdly unintuitive. I went looking for it one time on the vain hope that I could either unhinge proton torpedoes from normal missiles, or at least see if holding a prot lock would be easier with a keyboard button instead of a mouse button. No luck.

Only solution that 'might' work is to reset all keybinds to default, but that would be very annoying if you have a lot of custom keybinds set up just the way you want them.

The problem is that it flat out doesn't exist. To the best of my knowledge, there is no keybind section for space missions unless it is buried somewhere weirdly unintuitive. I went looking for it one time on the vain hope that I could either unhinge proton torpedoes from normal missiles, or at least see if holding a prot lock would be easier with a keyboard button instead of a mouse button. No luck.

Only solution that 'might' work is to reset all keybinds to default, but that would be very annoying if you have a lot of custom keybinds set up just the way you want them.

I hadn't done any of the space combat missions in a while, so I wonder if this occurred when starfighter came out, because I know they were originally mapped to 1-4 one the number row.

I haven't had any problem with my space missions. I'm still working toward Hyperspace Legend, so tend to run several missions a day.

Really wish I could find the keybinds for these. I mean it works using the number pad numbers on the right of keyboard, but not on the number row which is much easier for me to reach.

Really wish I could find the keybinds for these. I mean it works using the number pad numbers on the right of keyboard, but not on the number row which is much easier for me to reach.

Oh, the old space missions? Those use the binds for button 1-4 of your main quickbar. There's no way to change that, and there hasn't been since launch. Try putting secondary binds on those buttons and see if it works.