[Help] How to make some credits with a few maxed crew skills?

Kyzurale

Hey. I have a few crew skills maxed on 3 of my characters, was wondering what the best way to go about making some credits.

Here's what I have on my current characters-

Sith Assassin-

Artifice 450/450

Archeology 450/450

Treasure Hunting 450/450

Sith Marauder-

Cybertech- 375/450

Scavenging 450/450

Slicing ~300/450

Trooper vanguard-

Biochem 200/450

Bio analysis 200/450

Slicing 200/450

• What are items I should craft from either cybertech or artifice to make credits?
  • How do I go about collecting grade 10 materials?
  • Are slicing missions worth purchasing off the GTN since I do not have max slicing yet?
  • Which missions should I run that get me the best materials/credits spent?

*I don't have any characters 50+ yet, my assassin is only 41.

Edited by Kyzurale

the easiest creds I can see from that lot are either prototype stims/adrenals from Biochem or Augmentation Slot Components from Cybertech.

2/2/2 Mythra/Turadium/tri-copper flux yields 1x QT-10 Droid Part. Reverse engineering same yields 1x Mythra & 1x Aug Slot Component MK-9. 10x Aug Slot components are needed to make one Aug Slot Kit. now, you lack armormech, armstech or synthweaving to make the kits, but the components should sell for a pretty penny anyways.

the easiest creds I can see from that lot are either prototype stims/adrenals from Biochem or Augmentation Slot Components from Cybertech.

2/2/2 Mythra/Turadium/tri-copper flux yields 1x QT-10 Droid Part. Reverse engineering same yields 1x Mythra & 1x Aug Slot Component MK-9. 10x Aug Slot components are needed to make one Aug Slot Kit. now, you lack armormech, armstech or synthweaving to make the kits, but the components should sell for a pretty penny anyways.

Thanks for the help, though I have a long way to go before getting prototype stims/adrenals. Still not yet 400 on cybernetics yet, either. Is it worth REing mods/armoring to get the purples to sell, or is that too time consuming/credit sink not worth it?

What are items I should craft from either cybertech or artifice to make credits?

From Artifice there are a handful of blue and purple quality grade 28 enhancements that sell reasonably well for me, although it is in bursts. Also some of the trained dye modules sell.

From Cybertech, at the level you are at, you might be able to sell some armorings and mods. Focus on the armorings with higher main stat than endurance (Might, Reflex, Resolve, and Skill). And focus on the mods that have power (Agile, Aptitude, Artful, and Deft). But get the skill to 450 ASAP and then sell the grade 28 versions of those armorings and mods.

From Biochem, just get to 450 ASAP then sell stims and adrenals.

How do I go about collecting grade 10 materials?

You need to be at the level cap and participate in end-game content to acquire Grade 10 materials on your own. Exotic Element Equalizers (EEEs) drop from level 55 HMFPs. Stabilized Vial of Isotope 5 (i-5) are available for 35 basic commendations from any basic commendation equipment vendor on the fleet station. Mass Manipulation Generators (MMGs) are only available from HM and NiM Operations (a few are available as drops from bosses, use can also get them by REing equipment from those operations)

Are slicing missions worth purchasing off the GTN since I do not have max slicing yet?

I never buy slicing missions off the GTM. Look at it this way, for the value of one slicing mission off the GTM (35-50k) you could run Unsliceable 10-15 times and you would probably get more Thermal Regulators.

Which missions should I run that get me the best materials/credits spent?

For grade 9 materials missions:

For gathering crew skills (Scavenging, Bioanalysis, Archeology) best bang for your buck are (in order) Rich, Abundant, Bountiful.

For mission crew skills (Slicing, Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading, Investigation) only Bountiful and Rich missions give you a chance at the rare/purple materials. Based solely on credits per unit the Rich mission is the best bang for your buck. That being said, in my purely anecdotal experience (that I did document for a time) the Bountiful missions do critically succeed more often (but only slightly) and have a lower chance of outright failure (again though only by a small margin).

For all the lower grades (1-6), I just run the cheapest missions available that will generate a skill point (yellow and orange; green has a high probability of one skill point but not guaranteed).

i just got back into SWTOR over the holidays. I killed off all my alts -why? I don't know- when I had a server change but kept my commando-arms-. Reading through the threads makes my head dizzy. Do I need to write everything down? Like how many times I RE 'item x' before it pops to blue then count how many times I RE 'item x' it pops to purple?

Calculating the exact costs sounds like a chore.

What are items I should craft from either cybertech or artifice to make credits?

From Artifice there are a handful of blue and purple quality grade 28 enhancements that sell reasonably well for me, although it is in bursts. Also some of the trained dye modules sell.

From Cybertech, at the level you are at, you might be able to sell some armorings and mods. Focus on the armorings with higher main stat than endurance (Might, Reflex, Resolve, and Skill). And focus on the mods that have power (Agile, Aptitude, Artful, and Deft). But get the skill to 450 ASAP and then sell the grade 28 versions of those armorings and mods.

From Biochem, just get to 450 ASAP then sell stims and adrenals.

How do I go about collecting grade 10 materials?

You need to be at the level cap and participate in end-game content to acquire Grade 10 materials on your own. Exotic Element Equalizers (EEEs) drop from level 55 HMFPs. Stabilized Vial of Isotope 5 (i-5) are available for 35 basic commendations from any basic commendation equipment vendor on the fleet station. Mass Manipulation Generators (MMGs) are only available from HM and NiM Operations (a few are available as drops from bosses, use can also get them by REing equipment from those operations)

Are slicing missions worth purchasing off the GTN since I do not have max slicing yet?

I never buy slicing missions off the GTM. Look at it this way, for the value of one slicing mission off the GTM (35-50k) you could run Unsliceable 10-15 times and you would probably get more Thermal Regulators.

Which missions should I run that get me the best materials/credits spent?

For grade 9 materials missions:

For gathering crew skills (Scavenging, Bioanalysis, Archeology) best bang for your buck are (in order) Rich, Abundant, Bountiful.

For mission crew skills (Slicing, Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading, Investigation) only Bountiful and Rich missions give you a chance at the rare/purple materials. Based solely on credits per unit the Rich mission is the best bang for your buck. That being said, in my purely anecdotal experience (that I did document for a time) the Bountiful missions do critically succeed more often (but only slightly) and have a lower chance of outright failure (again though only by a small margin).

For all the lower grades (1-6), I just run the cheapest missions available that will generate a skill point (yellow and orange; green has a high probability of one skill point but not guaranteed).

I really appreciate the thorough explanations, thank you very much!

i just got back into SWTOR over the holidays. I killed off all my alts -why? I don't know- when I had a server change but kept my commando-arms-. Reading through the threads makes my head dizzy. Do I need to write everything down? Like how many times I RE 'item x' before it pops to blue then count how many times I RE 'item x' it pops to purple?

Calculating the exact costs sounds like a chore.

If you think the system is not working as intended or you are trying to prove that it is, then documenting what you do is prudent. So that whatever claims you make have statistical backing.

If you want to know which schematics you have through the process of REing, and you want to make sure that:

1. you have all the potentially desirable schematics
  2. you do not continue to produce items for RE when all desirable schematics are achieved

then, again documentation is prudent.

The former is time consuming and unfun but does back up any claim of system functionality (working as intended or "broken"). The latter is a "necessary evil" used by players who dedicate themselves to crafting (and the only "chore" is to get the matrix established (took me all of ten minutes in excel)).

Edited by psandak

WRONG!!!

Only lvl 54 gear yields MK-9 components. Those droid parts are lvl 52.

Edited by JacksonMo

• 4 weeks later...
do these crit on crafting them? i want to make sure it says companion returned with great success but i dont see crit with it

What do you mean by "them?"

any item modification or consumable (armoring, mod, enhancement, barrel, hilt, dye module, augment, medpac, adrenal, and stim), will generate an extra unit on a crit. i.e. if you craft a grade 22 skill barrel you will get two of them on a crit.

any piece of gear (ear, implant, bracers, relic, MH, OH, boots, pants, belt, gloves, chest, and helmet), on a crit will add a level appropriate augment slot to the piece of gear. i.e. if you craft a level 23 helmet and you crit you will see an MK-3 augment slot when you read the tooltip on a mouseover; if you craft a level 54 or 55 piece of gear you will see an MK-9 augment slot when you read the tooltip.

...and just to add to the above - in case you're referring to the aug kits themselves - yes, those can crit too (in which case you'll end up with a pair of them). This is largely why I try to sell completed kits rather than the unassembled mk-9 components. It's a little more work, but every now and then it pays off.