Let us EARN some cool gear

RiVaN_

I don't know about all of you but I am fed up with all the cool looking stuff going to the cartel market!

I'm sick of all of the stuff from KoToR and KoToR 2 being gamble for the chance to receive. And I am frustrated that the few items we can earn through playing the game aren't all that desirable (other than their stats).

What I really want is more AWESOME gear that I have to earn. Gear that I have to beat a boss to be able to get. Give me a Monster on Tarris that drops Bendak Starkillers gear. A Droid on Nar Shaadaa that gives me a ship droid customization. A creature on Belsavis that drops a customization for HK-57. Re-tool the World Bosses so that

*A: they drop some good stuff that is usable by anyone of any lvl (Cosmetic gear like the old Ratata stuff or the before mentioned Companion Pieces)

*B: They reward the entire party with "Legacy" comms which we can use to buy old school gear like Rakata, Columi and Tionese.

Make the old Rakata, Columi and Tionese, ETC (all the old gear that has is no longer available) Shells available from a Comm's vendor and Bind on Legacy.

Make us work for this gear and make it something that is not exactly easy to earn. I'm just using the old gear as an example, but if you made new gear that was awesome and we had to earn that would be great too.

I like that each Event (Gree, Bounty, etc) affords us the opportunity to earn new gear, speeders and such. This is a good move, please continue this!

My point is that there is nothing more exciting than when a group goes in to kill a boss and get a suprise drop like the Corruptor's Blade, Karagga's Hat, etc.

DO MORE OF THIS!

Re-tool some of the old world bosses to do this or adjust some of the FP bosses to drop some random awesomeness. This will breathe a little bit of new life into some old content and keep us interested for a bit while you work on your next amazing upgrade!

Throw us a bone guys, we are gonna need it if GSF is the biggest update you have planned for the first Quarter of the Gaiming year!

There is no need to fix this. It is a money engine. If they intend to keep the game F2P, then they will have to continue to rely on CM. It's not that you are "gambling" for better gear, you are "gambling" for cosmetic. The only exception to this is the color crystals. not to mention you CAN earn the gear. Go do your dailies, save your credits, and buy the stuff from GTN. Have a good day.

What Badovinatz said. It would be cool to earn some classic Star Wars gear, but the game is f2p and the devs need money so they rely on the CM. Do dailies and ops and you'll have enough credits to get the gear on GTN.

EDIT: The only way this would actually work is if they made the quest line for subs only. It would get more people to sub and more money for the devs to actually make this game happen

Edited by harleyandsmokey

What Badovinatz said. It would be cool to earn some classic Star Wars gear, but the game is f2p and the devs need money so they rely on the CM. Do dailies and ops and you'll have enough credits to get the gear on GTN.

EDIT: The only way this would actually work is if they made the quest line for subs only. It would get more people to sub and more money for the devs to actually make this game happen

I really dig the idea of making this open to subscribers only. That would be a good tool for getting more people to sub to the game.

I run Ops, I do dailies, I have millions of credits and can afford to buy anything that is currently on the market on my server.

My point is that I want to EARN something, not buy it. I want the excitement of that rare drop, I want the challenge of defeating a boss for the prize I want some of the good stuff to be rare drops, not a rare purchase.

I understand what you 2 gentelman are saying I also have heard the argument "well earning the credits and buying the item is the same as earning the item"

No, no it isn't,

Taking my 3million credits to the GTN and buying ***xyz*** whatever isn't nearly as fun as Defeating Kephas in hard mode to win the "Bloodline" speeder. Sure I'm guaranteed to get what I paid for, but that is fracking boring! Give me a boss to kill so I can get something cool.

Aka Give me more game content that provides an in game reward. (read this as being my main point)

People will keep playing the game if they are given a reason to keep playing. They will quit playing if all the new "content" has to be purchased from the cartel coin market...

There is no need to fix this. It is a money engine. If they intend to keep the game F2P, then they will have to continue to rely on CM. It's not that you are "gambling" for better gear, you are "gambling" for cosmetic. The only exception to this is the color crystals. not to mention you CAN earn the gear. Go do your dailies, save your credits, and buy the stuff from GTN. Have a good day.

I'm not saying anything needs to be fixed.

Continue the Cartel Market, keep greasing the wheels of profit. I pay my monthly sub and I buy a stack of CC every 2 months. I do my part to keep paying the Dev's to keep the game rolling. I'm just asking for some more fun stuff to do in the game.

Nor did I say we were gambleing on better gear and I understand that stuff is all cosmetic. So is Karragga's hat and the Corruptors blade. My favorite drop is the Bloodline speeder that Kephas drops in Hard Mode Denova and I have it on 2 toons. I enjoy this type of content.

I'm I'm simply asking for more Content that provides a desirable reward.

Edited by RiVaN_