The Value of Playing Objectives

mr_sim

So I just played a terrible scoring GSF match, well my score was terrible.

1 kill 3 assists 1 death under 5k damage and 3 medals

Oh and I was probably the MVP, because I likely got us a win.

I sacrificed all attempts at pvp killing starfighters and made objectives my top priority. I hopped in my striker and boosted for B(control point) on Kuat mesa. Good thing too, everyone else went everywhere else. I managed to slip in at B the instant before the Pub team captured it, it was at full red bars but my presence blocked the actual capture.

So at this point I absolutely cannot leave close proximity AT ALL. If I left for even a moment the pubs would capture it instantly. what did i do? Hunkered in close and kept my finger on the W key and skimmed the surface as tight as I could possibly skim, I kept this up for a minute. Yup locked in tight as 4 of them tried to take me out, but they couldn't more then scratch me.

Eventually my team rallied and pushed them back. once the red bars started falling I popped out and threw them some help and we cleared the area. I then kept to my charge and at no point did the pubs ever get B.

So I'm not trying to brag I'm simply creating an example. Our pilots were of a high quality, and It was absolutely a team win. By tying up 4 players at B, my whole team was able to concentrate elsewhere and break the ability for the pubs to concentrate their numbers.

At the end of the match despite terrible numbers and sitting at the bottom of the scoreboard, I still walked away with 1152 Ship requisition, because you get req for victories not for kills and medals. This is why objectives are important.