What if... GSF have fighter collision?

Sadishist

Not talking friendly fire, but if you ram an enemy ship you both get damaged, rather than just phrasing through each other. More damage goes to the one with slower speed or something. If it's a head-on collision, both are toast.

You won't be able to hide inside turrets anymore.

Edited by Sadishist

Hiding in turrets is something that really needs to be done with, but there needs to be a workaround to the turrets just "popping up". I was striding right through a friendly turret before, as it just materialized in my way.... so the turret spawn could maybe show a disabled turret all the time... and it is then charged up and readied... untill it is blasted again.

About fighter collision... this would take a lot more load onto the engine I fear. Collision detection in a 3D-world is the number one time-consumer.

If it is technically feasible without lagging us to death, I would prefer it... as long as there is fair damage to all involved. If a fully shielded scout at max speed crashes into a gunship without shields, the scout should not automatically get destroyed, just cause a gunship is the larger ship.

Two words: "rammer noob!"

It would require much stricter penalties for death.

Nope, because ramming someone purposely is nearly impossible.

Most of the time when you fly through another ship, is when you tail them and they turn off their engine. If you ask me, this guy is asking to be rammed, and he deserves to die because of hits and collision... At the same time, the ram wasn't planning to be a ram, so why make harsher death penalties ?

Edited by Altheran

Nope, because ramming someone purposely is nearly impossible.

Actually that is rather easy on a scout vs a gunship.

I fly through gunships all the time, if they are good enough to not fall to pieces, before I am through them. I then circle and kill them from behind/side. With the speed of my scout, I can easily fly through them while my evasion is at 106%... and breaking off any sooner than when I flew through them would take away from hitting them... so of course I fly through them as long as I will not collide with them.

me, this guy is asking to be rammed, and he deserves to die because of hits and collision...

In such a case, both the rammed and the ramming ship would take equal damage. There is no reasoning to give more damage to either ship.

Edited by JPryde