So what am I doing wrong?

MaddPhish

Gunnery should be simple. Watch the lead indicator, put the pipper in it, pull the trigger....and it's a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing. I've tried that, putting the pipper on the target. Putting the pipper on the target only when the target is so close the lead indicator expands, leading further at long range. Nothing really works. Does any of this sound right? Or is it something I haven't tried? Some mechanic I don't know about?

Of course half the time I get tone for my missiles those don't launch either, so a bug perhaps?

Of course half the time I get tone for my missiles those don't launch either, so a bug perhaps?

I've found on my concussion missiles the lock tone and visual lock indicator seem to be slightly out of sync so I wait a second or two after I've established a lock before firing. that usually works.

yep Missile Locks can be broken and aim for the lead indicator, if it's grey conserve power only fire when it's red... also, if you're just starting you're out-equipped, play guard on one of the Sats for 6-8 minutes at a time and you'll get 13-1500 Req per win for your team... use that to upgrade your equips then get out there and dogfight when you're properly equipped... Edited by Elly_Dawn

I'm putting the crosshair over the circular lead indicator and firing when under 4k meters. Also trying to keep them as close to the center of the HUD as possible before firing. Get maybe one or two damage ticks in a burst a couple of seconds long.

I must say the fighting is a bit of a bore. Chop throttle to cut inside, or barrel roll to get away and reengage. Can't shift my view to keep an eye on my target and maneuver counter to them. No energy fighting and almost instant speed changes means there is little strategy...Starting to miss my P-47 and my K-11 gunsight.

I must say the fighting is a bit of a bore. Chop throttle to cut inside, or barrel roll to get away and reengage. Can't shift my view to keep an eye on my target and maneuver counter to them. No energy fighting and almost instant speed changes means there is little strategy...Starting to miss my P-47 and my K-11 gunsight.

"C" is the hot key for that I believe.

I'm putting the crosshair over the circular lead indicator and firing when under 4k meters. Also trying to keep them as close to the center of the HUD as possible before firing. Get maybe one or two damage ticks in a burst a couple of seconds long.

When you're properly aiming at the center of the lead reticule, the little blue circle becomes a little blue circle with lines sticking out up, down, left, and right.