Improving Unused Weapons

Icebergy

I've been trying to figure something out. Do weapon upgrades count for all weapons of the same type on that ship? Some of the weapon upgrades don't actually name the specific weapon, and some of them do. So it seems like the ones that don't name a specific weapon might actually count towards other weapons of the same type.

I've also noticed something weird happening. I upgraded my Nova's Lasers so that they have a higher chance of critting, and ever since then I have noticed that my Flashfire's lasers seem to crit more often as well. Probably just a coincidence or something but I was wondering if anyone had any more info on the subject.

Things like crew abilities are global, and will affect all of the components that can benefit from the buff.

For things that are ship systems rather than weapons it's the same. So reactors, capacitors, engine components, sensors, shields, that sort of thing will affect all weapons that can benefit from the effect.

For individual weapon upgrades only that weapon will be affected. That means anything listed as a primary weapon or as a secondary weapon. So for example if you upgrade quad lasers it will have no effect at all on heavy lasers.

There is no effect that transfers between ships. So your Nova upgrades have zero benefit for your Flashfire.

Edited by Ramalina

I've been trying to figure something out. Do weapon upgrades count for all weapons of the same type on that ship? Some of the weapon upgrades don't actually name the specific weapon, and some of them do. So it seems like the ones that don't name a specific weapon might actually count towards other weapons of the same type.

I've also noticed something weird happening. I upgraded my Nova's Lasers so that they have a higher chance of critting, and ever since then I have noticed that my Flashfire's lasers seem to crit more often as well. Probably just a coincidence or something but I was wondering if anyone had any more info on the subject.

No, upgrades are always limited to that component. I tested this with the railguns, whose upgrades often say vague things like "improves railgun accuracy". But in such cases, it is only referring to the railgun the upgrade is on.