The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The BattleZone Winner's Bracket Match 1: Asajj Ventress vs. Shaak Ti

Aurbere

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clothes mean nothing.

The first blow electrifies her, the others don't, she clearly learnt to repel the electricity.

You can see the other electricity strikes coursing around her body, as if it's being forced off her body and looking for a way to earth itself. That means she's used tutaminis to stop it from electrifying her.

Also, she's straining, trying to run faster, not trying to run.

it only take 1..... Straining is Straining, Tattered cloths being specifically shown in an animation has a point to it, generally that what the person is doing is taking their tole on the person doing it.

I dont know why your against this, Jedi have limits they get tired. Its called circumstance and i dont know how many times its come up that a circumstance can and WILL change the out come of a fight. The only reason Greivous beat her was she was Exhausted of course you will never see that do to either being blinded by some form of Fanism or what not. i am not a fan of any of these characters I just call it as it is shown. I could show this to any non star wars fan and they would get the exact INTENT of the scene out of it. She is exhausted only your own blindness is keeping you from seeing it, any one else can clearly see it.

Considering that she was made a Jedi Master because she was able to control her emotions so effectively states otherwise, she has shown on multiple occasions that she can keep a level head almost any time.

The fact she had such a strong connection to Maris Brood might be why she was so keen on sacrificing herself to save Brood from Vader's relentless hunting.

No it doesn't. She could control her emotions on the council, but the weight of Order 66, and knowing it was her fault, would have sent her spiralling.

You may be correct on the Brood thing, however it seemed her... letting loose, was purely physical.

Actually she used it during the Clone Wars regularly when the occasion called for it, according to both the TCW and TFU campaign guides.

"Though she was an expertly effective lightsaber master, her most dangerous ability came in the form of balls of lightning, a variation of Kinetite. Master Ti used this as a form of release, allowing her continuous Force Bolster technique to continue unabated without fear of a physical over-load."

Can't find the other quote but I'll look again later.

That doesn't say she's used it in the clone wars, there isn't a single example of her ever having used it in the clone wars.

However I would point out the only time Vader was able to use Kinetite was with the Kaiburr crystal and without it he suffers from the same inability to use it as he does Force Lightning.

Which shows precisely how much power she must have gained from Felucia.

She's done this at least two other times actually, both times in the initial Battle of Geonosis, alongside Unduli they fought off over 78 Battle Droids single-handedly, a famous feat among the Jedi before being circled up into the group.

The second time was when leading her own Clones into battle, they got the worst of it and Ti fought off what was an entire battalion of droids almost single-handedly whilst defending the injured clones that were under her command, then they were rescued by Master Koon's own strike force.

Fighting off the droids I'd imagine be more like a Marathon again, however her protecting her clones was impressive, however, she was very tired after it, if I remember correctly... What planet was that on though? Cannot for the life of me remember.

Actually she completely out-fought the Magna Guards, not only did she over power one, she managed to pikelock all of them with one hand each and also kept them at bay until they were given orders to leave, Force Bolster can only do so much, so going straight to Grievous right afterwards was likely the straw that broke the camel's back, not to mention the sole fact that Grievous was still highly unpredictable and as Beni states, I am still not convinced he went all out against Ventress.

Whilst I think that Ventress might be able to best him I still don't think it would have been anywhere near that easy.

I'd say the opposite for her duel with the magnaguards, impressive, but she was blatantly out dueled, she got completely surrounded, and they landed hits on her.

As for Ventress being able to out duel grevious either way, I agree.

Well, I was going to wait for this:

There :p

Forgot about that, now THAT's my last post.

Edited by Selenial

No it doesn't. She could control her emotions on the council, but the weight of Order 66, and knowing it was her fault, would have sent her spiralling.

You may be correct on the Brood thing, however it seemed her... letting loose, was purely physical.

How was it her fault? she had a vision that she was needed in the future and dying at the hands of Vader would have been fruitless, so she left.

If she was as unhinged as you claim her to be, then she wouldn't have tried to stop Brood from hating Vader and the Empire.

That doesn't say she's used it in the clone wars, there isn't a single example of her ever having used it in the clone wars.

"Kinetite was a power rarely used by the Jedi due to it's connection to a much darker power, some Jedi like Shaak Ti used it to curb physical over-load, due to her excessive use of Force Bolster, she could single-handedly turned the tide of battles against the droid forces of the separatists with this great power, smashing dozens at a time.

However, this ability was not without it's consequences as a large enough release of energy could tire out the Jedi Master, thus this ability was rarely used by her in battle unless at the utmost need."

Which shows precisely how much power she must have gained from Felucia.

More like, it showed how hampered Vader was by his cyborg parts, he couldn't use any form of Force Lightning and the Kaiburr crystal allowed him to summon Kinetite without blowing himself to pieces.(Though I would remain everyone that Splinter of the Mind's Eye is one of the oldest EU works and it's accuracy has been knocked many a time by Chee himself)

Fighting off the droids I'd imagine be more like a Marathon again, however her protecting her clones was impressive, however, she was very tired after it, if I remember correctly... What planet was that on though? Cannot for the life of me remember.

I'm certain it was during the Battle of Geonosis, though I may be remembering incorrectly.

I'd say the opposite for her duel with the magnaguards, impressive, but she was blatantly out dueled, she got completely surrounded, and they landed hits on her.

As for Ventress being able to out duel grevious either way, I agree.

I would disagree, simply because fighting multiple opponents was not to the strengths of her chosen forms and the fact that she wasn't just roflstomped by a few dozen of them when other High Council members have been beaten by far less is a testament to her ability to fight on, re-watch the fight and she manages to not only hold them off but smash quite a few of them at the same time despite losing her weapon.

Where Grievous is involved, I think it would be a close fight but I think Ventress may be able to take him with the Force, I also believe the same with Ti, in a fair fight I think she'd have a good chance of beating him, she was one of the better High Council members, as noted by Kenobi.

But yes I think this will be my last post as well, may as well call it Aurbere, very little of any significance left to argue here.

How was it her fault? she had a vision that she was needed in the future and dying at the hands of Vader would have been fruitless, so she left

I know I said last post, but I feel this part was me being cryptic and should be elaborated.

She was under strict orders from Mace to not let anyone through to the Temple Hangars or to leave, when Anakin showed up, she didnt feel the anxiety or whatever emanating from him, she disobeyed mace and let him go confront palpatine, assuming Skywalker would help.

That has to take a massive toll on somebody.

I know I said last post, but I feel this part was me being cryptic and should be elaborated.

She was under strict orders from Mace to not let anyone through to the Temple Hangars or to leave, when Anakin showed up, she didnt feel the anxiety or whatever emanating from him, she disobeyed mace and let him go confront palpatine, assuming Skywalker would help.

That has to take a massive toll on somebody.

Ooh I see, yeh that part, I agree with your point however much like losing both her padawans, I think she likely came to terms with it given the sheer amount of time that went past until her death.

OK folks here is the final decision.

The two would be fairly evenly matched as the battle begins, but Ti's superior mastery of lightsaber combat would put Ventress on the defensive. Ventress' unique double-bladed lightsaber would be effective, but Ti would eventually overcome that and put Ventress on the defensive again. Ti's knowledge and superior of Makashi is also a boon to her here.

Ti's Force abilities are also superior to her opponent, so she would be able to overwhelm her with the Force as well. Environment usage would not be an overwhelming factor due to their strengths in this area effectively cancelling each other out.

The battle would be close, and they would nearly kill each other on multiple occasions, but Shaak Ti's lightsaber mastery and strength in the Force would see her to victory.

Essentially, Ventress is facing what she could have been. Shaak Ti is the winner.

Conclusions:

As skilled as Ventress was, Ti was better. I have no doubt that Ventress would push Ti, but she wouldn't be able to defeat her. A close fight, but Ti was simply better.

Stay tuned for the next battle, featuring Darth Plagueis!