Best way to level a PvE Guardian? :)

synfoola

Hey, gang. :)

My weird quest to get all the legacy buffs from my characters ends with the Jedi Guardian (the Guardian voice-over being the less of the annoying evils to me). I'd like to make this is seamless as possible since seeing the same planets over & over & over is already making me start to twitch. LOL I'll be strictly PvE and would like to be able to tank a Flashpoint/Heroics every now & then and will be fully geared along with my companions which will include Treek's fuzzy OP'ness and Cartel crystals.

Keeping all that in minds, what would you vets suggest as far as a leveling tree and which companion to level with in regards to the tree? Should I go Defense and let Kira DPS? Would having Treek in Healer stance while I tank mobs turn every fight into a 5 minute spectacle of boredom? Or should I go DPS and let Treek throw Ecto YAGGH-Bubbles with abandon? And, if I choose DPS over the Defense tree, should I pick Vigilance first and then go Focus later?

Sorry for the wall of questions, but there's so much conflicting info at the moment. Thanks in advance! :D

If this is the last toon to unlock all legacy bonusses, you'll have more then enough Presence to go straight-up DPS with a DPS companion. I only bother with a healer companion when I solo heroics. And then only on H4. H2 are usually easily solo'd without outlevelling them with Kira on my side. Just be smart about it and send your companion to take the heat first and then jump in yourself.

Kira takes gold elites by herself while I quickly finish off the rest. Sometimes I need to pop her defensive cooldown or a medpack, but thats basically it. On Champion bosses in H2 quests, just send her in first -> pop Heroic Moment ( and sometimes Unity on more difficult bosses) -> DPS till you get aggro -> pop defensive cooldowns -> kill the sob.

As long as you interrupt whenever possible (kick, stasis, push should be enough to interrupt pretty much any dangerous ability), it's easy and a helluva lot more fun then tank/healer combo or vice versa.