Item Binding Question

sell-dog

Hello all. Have a quick scrub question for anyone that can help out quick. When an item in your inventory/that you are using says "Item will permanently bind to you in ...", what does that mean? For example, I have this message for my current lightsaber. Does this mean I won't be able to sell it ever or I won't be able to use any other lightsaber after the time expires? Thanks!

Also, when something is bound you cannot send or trade it to another player, nor send it to one of your alts* either.

*Unless it is Bound to Legacy, that means you can send it to your other characters but not to other players.

Also, when something is bound you cannot send or trade it to another player, nor send it to one of your alts* either.

*Unless it is Bound to Legacy, that means you can send it to your other characters but not to other players.

Even this has caveats though. When you have bound armorings/Hilts/Barrels/Mods/Enhancements/Color Crystals you can put them into Bind to Legacy gear and send them to an alt to be used.