This may be a dumb question... but are there more than six ships?

Sytakan

As the title says. I see three Fighters and three scouts. How do you unlock more, if that's even possible?

There's a tier 2 fighter and scout that you can buy for 5,000 fleet requisition each. To buy that, go to your hanger and then the ships tab, and click on a ship with the purple requisition sign on it.

There's a cartel market fighter and scout. You buy it via the cartel market and it comes 'mastered' which means you get +10% requisition.

There is the basic fighter and scout. Those are already unlocked.

There there is gunship, which was for people who were subs in November.

That's seven ships altogether. You'll also sometimes see a 'drone' on the field. That's not a ship, that's a deployable.

Note that many more ships are planned to be released for February. Artwork and leaks show at least 1 more ship per role (per faction), and at least two new roles are coming up: Bombers and Stealth fighters.

So there will be many more ships in the future, along with new maps and game modes.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we get an injection of new content next week, once preferred players are allowed access.

Note that many more ships are planned to be released for February. Artwork and leaks show at least 1 more ship per role (per faction), and at least two new roles are coming up: Bombers and Stealth fighters.

So there will be many more ships in the future, along with new maps and game modes.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we get an injection of new content next week, once preferred players are allowed access.

I've been watching for news of new content next week, but I've seen nothing. . . . So don't get their hopes up! lol. . . mine are already at risk of being crushed.

As for the new ships: It's been confirmed that there will be a total of 24 ships come February release.

I believe only bombers are confirmed for February, so I imagine that the 10 (really 5) new ships will be split up as such:

2 new gunships models, one unlockable via fleet req and one purchasable with CC (the latter being mechanically identical to one of the other two).

3 new bomber models, one unlocked by default, one unlockable via fleet req, and one purchasable with CC (similar to above).

And then of course the 5 mirrors for the opposite faction.

I believe only bombers are confirmed for February, so I imagine that the 10 (really 5) new ships will be split up as such:

2 new gunships models, one unlockable via fleet req and one purchasable with CC (the latter being mechanically identical to one of the other two).

3 new bomber models, one unlocked by default, one unlockable via fleet req, and one purchasable with CC (similar to above).

And then of course the 5 mirrors for the opposite faction.

Not sure if this is a "Best guess" from the concept art, but the only official post related to this can be found here

In February for our full Launch, we add a new role (the Bomber) plus 10 more Starfighters for a grand total of 24 ships to customize and take into battle. Add to that an incredible new dynamic Flashpoint that is level and role neutral called Kuat Driveyards which ties our ground game story directly into the space PvP action with a new Starfighter area on the fleet and you begin to see that full scope of what we’re delivering.

I've been watching for news of new content next week, but I've seen nothing. . . . So don't get their hopes up! lol. . . mine are already at risk of being crushed.

As for the new ships: It's been confirmed that there will be a total of 24 ships come February release.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, given some of the info that's been seen around in the dark corners of the internets.

I guess it could all come out in February, of course, but personally I find that unlikely. It's in the dev's best interest to keep the content dumps gradual.

its going to be hilarious when everyone has access to the gunship... 12 gunships GG its already redonculous when theres 3, one shot fest.

Considering the vast majority of players NOW have access to gunships, and this only occurs against certain teams (I've only seen a massive gunship team once, which lost), I don't think it'll be that much of an issue.

Never mind that if massive gunship teams EVER actually become the norm, you can bet the nerfbat will be swinging their way (heck, it probably already is).

I believe preferred get access 14 Jan, not next week.

As stated, 10 new ships = 5 "actually" new with mirrors each side.

There were two bomber types in closed PTS (one weapons platform deployer, one support), if that goes live there are three more models left to allot.

I assume that means we'll get one new cartel model each of scout, strike fighter and gunship. I'd also expect there to be one bomber initially freely available and the other with fleet reqs.