Skill Tree Marauder PVE

Legacyofblake

• 2 weeks later...
Why is it no good in ops? I was thinking about going that route when I level up some. Input would be great thanks!

Rage is the PVP spec. It's fine for leveling in PVE, but carnage and anni are the only two specs people run in PVE for ops. The numbers just aren't there in PVE for rage.

Also in ops, you have many trash pulls with mechanics that require CCs, and without smash, your numbers suffer in rage.

I do think carnage puts up slightly better numbers overall, but anni is so close it doesn't really matter.

Rage can be useful in ad heavy bosses in pve tbh. Single target wise its not up to the other 2 but it does have a certain utility at times.

Honestly i think it is beneficial to learn all 3 trees. Anni and Carnage for single target seem to trade blows quite alot dmg wise, tbh for tank and spank stuff go with the one you parse the best in, however there is certain fights and mechanics where IMO the single target burst of carnage is alot more useful then anni.

Even if you are anni for life there is certain fights where speccing carnage just makes you and your raids life easier. For example in dread master calphayus there is a phase where you are bursting down ads before they cast a dot which inflicts a lot of dmg on the party, As carnage you can burst these down insanely fast with your frontloaded burst and to me it seems this phase practically made for carnage spec because the ads spawn just as ravage comes off cd! As anni since your dmg takes longer to build up on the ad it can be a closer call with you building up all your dots etc unless you beast burst dps with you.

Edited by AngusFTW