The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Good Hybrid Assault and Tactics Spec

Awesome_Dude_NJS

Hello all you vanguards out there (and powertechs). I have found a pretty good spec that works pretty well in PVP and gets you a lot of medals. This spec works for me and I wanted to share with everyone else. The spec is 8/13/25. This spec is pretty good for close range engagements. If you used to use assault spec pre nerf this spec might be right for you. The rotation is a bit costly but can burn down enemies quickly if used right. First you want to use IR (Incendiary Round) then Gut. After this you should get the power boost if you use that PVP power relic. Use HIB (high impact bolt) then SS. If HIB is proced use is again or spam Ion pulse until proced. There really isn't a rotation for this spec, just play how you feel. This spec is very helpful if you are taking down a healer or classes that have many cast moves. Try to use Battle Focus whenever off cooldown but try to time it when SS,HIB, and any other move that you would like to use. You will burn through ammo very quickly so make sure you use Hammer Shot (auto attack) or recharge cells and reserve powercell when off cooldown. I have used this spec and have earned a lot more medals then I ever did before. I have been using assault spec and it still is usable but has been nerfed hard so I still use some of it but combine it with tactics and you just destroy people. Also if you use this spec right you can be a teamplayer, use taunts, and stun enemies that are attacking team members. Even if you don't use this spec if you are a vanguard use taunts to help out allies. Taunting results in protection which does help get medals. If you have been trying to put out a lot of DMG but can't do it, please try this spec. This spec may not be able to put out big crits like 8-9 k but I have got 6-7k dmg so it can still put out a lot of dmg over time and not just at once. Now remember this spec is good for PVP it may be useful in PVE but it works best in PVP. If you try this spec please tell me what you think of it down below. If you have any suggestions by all means tell me. Sorry if I spelled some stuff wrong. Link to my spec build= http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/vanguard/237/?build=003200300000000000000000000000000203122020100000000000000000000003230320021201100230000000000000&ver=20

Or you could be smart and run full AP or Pyro.

^^

Its like those smugglers who leveled as dirty fighting and only spammed shrape grenade and vital shot, topped their dps charts all the time and figured they were doing it right, instead of in fact doing it very wrong.

We will call this the Stay Puft Marshmallow build.